Kanye Takes Over MSG

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

On February 11th,  Kanye held the show for his Yeezy Season 3 collection and played his newest album, “The Life of Pablo”, before a huge crowd of 20,000 at Madison Square Garden. The show was scheduled to start at 4:00pm, but as expected, there were delays. The Kardashian family walked out about 30 minutes past the hour and took their seats with Mr. West himself right behind them. Instead, he went for his laptop and played the M.C. on the floor in a black cap and a burgundy long sleeve that they also sold as merch at the venue. 

Arranged by artist Vanessa Beacroft, the show had notable faces modeling such as Naomi Campbell, Veronica Webb, and rapper Young Thug. Behind the laptop and next to Kanye were other artists like A$AP Rocky, Frank Ocean, Kid Cudi and more, in which Ye was able to pass the aux-cord to near the end to play some music that wasn’t all his. To be honest, I wouldn’t have been bothered if they played Ultra Light Beam a hundred times over. That song is a masterpiece confession. In another scope, the entire event was an aux-cord sharing visual piece. Leave it to Kanye to pull off a distopian-like fashion-focused environment on the floor and a huge listening party surrounding it all in the city’s biggest arena.