Justin Barker and Habin Lee: The Dynamic Acapella Duo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Justin Barker and Habin Lee are not only members of Fordham’s male acappella group, The Ramblers, but they are also best friends and roommates! This musical duo continually enchants audiences with their amazing voices and contagious personalities, making them the perfect campus celebs for this wonderful acappella season.

Hometown:

Justin: Media, Pennsylvania

Habin: Torrance, California

Year:

Juniors

What are your majors?

Justin: Communications              

Habin: Computer Science

Bronx Zoo or Arthur Ave?

Justin: Definitely the Bronx Zoo because I love animals because I have a 6 lb Yorkie named Pepper and she’s the love of my life.

Habin: Arthur Ave.

Justin’s dog, Pepper

What is your favorite memory involving the Ramblers?

Justin: We were in Austin, Texas and we were walking down the street and these two girls about our age were walking their dogs. We started to pet their dogs and we told them that we were singers. They invited us to sing at their party, so we just went to a random party and sang. It was great.

Habin: Every semester we go on a tour where we pick a place and just go together and hang out and party and sing, and when we went to California it was quite awesome.

What is your favorite type of music?

Justin: Rock & Roll and Folk.

Habin: R&B.

What is one of your favorite songs of all time?

Justin: “Lime Tree” by: Trevor Hall.

Habin: “Midnight City” (the point song) by: M83.

If the Ramblers could only perform the songs from one movie soundtrack, what movie soundtrack would you choose?

Justin: Surf’s Up which is a movie about penguin’s surfing. And Shia LaBeouf is the main penguin. Zooey Deschanel is his penguin girlfriend. This is the best movie ever. Watch it.

Habin: Tarzan. I like that song, “You’ll Be in my Heart.”

Who would star in a movie about your life?

Justin: Christian Bale because he’s Batman and I’m Batman.

Habin: Robert Downey Jr. becuase I think he is hot and I think we have similar personalities. I want to be a genius, playboy, and philanthropist. I couldn’t think of a suitable Asian actor.

Ketchup or Mustard?

Justin: Ketchup.

Habin: Ketchup has been making foods edible since its invention. And hot sauce too.

Coffee or Tea?

Justin: Tea

Habin: Coffee

What’s something that people don’t know about you?

Justin: I’m partially blind in my right eye.

Habin: I have an albino snake named Ghost.

What’s the best part about being roommates?

Justin: Seeing Habin’s smiling face every time I open my eyes. 

Habin: That we sing all the time!

What is your favorite thing about Fordham?

Justin: The Ramblers

Habin: The Ramblers

Go see Justin and Habin perform with the amazing Ramblers this Friday, December 4th at 7 pm at Fordham Prep! 

Natalie is a Fordham University junior from Connecticut majoring in Communications and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing. New York City is her favorite place in the world, and one day she hopes to be working as a journalist or Public Relations agent there. In her free time, she loves eating quesadillas, dancing to the Backstreet Boys, and fangirling over Jennifer Lawrence.