Jesus Leon, FCRH ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Do you enjoy the activities planned by RHA? Well you can credit all the fun events to the executive programmer, and this week’s campus celeb Jesus Leon! Known to many for his impeccable fashion choices and his warm personality, Jesus is involved in many different activities on campus. If you don’t see him in class or chilling in his dorm, chances are he’ll be listening to Beyoncé in the RHA office. Get to know what makes Jesus unique and find out how his experience at Fordham has been!

Where are you from? I was born in Caracas, Venezuela but I know live in Morristown, NJ.

What year are you? I am a junior (class of 2015).

What is your major? Communications & Media studies major with a double minor in French & visual arts.

What activities are you involved in? Residence Halls Association, New Student Orientation, Senior Week volunteer, Flash Magazine (fashion magazine), Fordham Fanatics member, Freshmen Advising Student Assistant

How did you decide to come to Fordham? I got a full tuition scholarship. However, I fell in love with the school as soon as I set foot on campus. 

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Take everything on a day-to-day basis. Focus on what you have to do today. If you worry about everything at once you will get extremely overwhelmed. Also, make a To Do list. It helps to visualize all your tasks and you are less likely to forget to do something. 

What’s your favorite thing about New York? My favorite thing about NYC is its people. Everyone is beautiful, immaculately dressed, and effortlessly cool. Also, public transportation is God’s gift to earth. 

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? It’s not really a particular memory but I love Christmas time in Manhattan. I love ice skating in Bryant park, looking at the window displays on 5th Ave, the lighting of the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, shopping at FAO Schwarz etc.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Spring Weekend my sophomore year. 

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? Eddie’s in the springtime is my favorite place on campus. Or the RHA Office haha.

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? GET INVOLVED! Pick something, whatever it is, do something besides just go to school. It will drastically change your perception of the school. It will honestly make you love the school. Also, go to all the sporting events. They are sooooo much fun! 

What’s your dream job? Editor-in-Chief of GQ

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? Being exposed to so many different subjects.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Dr. Lise Schreier 

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? I have never broken a bone in my body. I am still intact. Also, I was front row at the Beyoncé concert at the Barclays center (but that’s not really surprising haha).

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Bronx Zoo

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Cafeteria or Grille? The Grille

RamVan or Subway? Subway

Met or MoMA? The Met

Hot Dog or Bagel? Bagel

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? Madison Square Garden

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park