This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Being in college is hard — there’s no way around that. But, staying up-to-date on current events doesn’t have to be! Many people feel so overwhelmed by work, classes, and clubs that they think there’s no time for anything else. Being involved doesn’t mean you don’t have time for news, whether that’s politics, fashion, or anything else. Here are a few resources to help:

1. The Skimm 

The Skimm is an email service that makes it easier to live a smarter life, by integrating news into the routines of their target audience — female millennials (we love this!). They started as a newsletter called “The Daily Skimm,” which breaks down the most important news you need to know to start your day. Basically, you sign up for a daily email which takes no more than 5 minutes to read and covers everything you need to know both in the US and globally. 

2. Podcasts!

Podcasts are on the rise, and at this point cover absolutely everything. They’re super easy to find no matter what streaming service you use! A few personal favorites include the “WSJ Minute Briefing” and “Skimm This.” Both are usually under 5 minutes, perfect for your morning walk to class. 

3. Left, Right, Center

This is another podcast, but it deserved more recognition than just a mention. Left, Right, Center is a KCRW radio podcast which holds “weekly civilized yet provocative confrontation over politics, policy, and pop culture.” In short, they have one conservative, one liberal, and one neutral person talk about any and all topics ranging from gun control to impeachment to the 2020 election. Their episodes are closer to an hour but they’re the perfect background for laundry, the gym, or even homework. 

4. NPR

NPR is no longer your parent’s news network. They have podcasts and great online articles that are straight to the point and always up-to-date. They also have a daily news email where you can get the latest headlines and unique NPR stories, sent every weekday. They also have a station on Spotify which is easy to listen to on your walk to class!

Follow Her Campus Fordham to read my pieces each week. I cover current events and politics, and new articles are published each week!

Hi everyone! I'm from Buffalo, NY and I'm majoring in Political Science & French at Fordham. I am so proud to be Editor of our chapter. I love keeping up with politics and current events, enjoy my articles!