How To Rock The Crop Top This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Crop tops have undeniably become a fashion phenomenon this summer. Everyone from Miley Cyrus to Heidi Klum has been seen in this born-again trend. Crop tops are perfect for summer to show off that toned tummy you had been working on all winter. There’s no doubt that this is one style staple that will continue for summers to come, but the question remains: will it roll over for the fall season and how can we wear these belly baring shirts while temperatures decresase this fall? Luckily, with the help of chic jackets, high wasted pants and maxi skirts, the crop top trend will undoubtedly carry on through this fall!

crop top- forever21.com ($12), maxi skirt- swell.com ($40), jacket- axparis.com ($62), rings- hm.com ($4)                            

This set features items that are not only adorable, but also very fashionable for this season. The black crop top pairs nicely with the olive maxi shirt and will show as much or as little midriff as you’d like, depending on where you sit the skirt on your hips. To keep your shoulders warm as the colder temperatures arrive, pair it with a cargo or leather jacket and some aviators. This whole look makes me think Top Gun meets boho girl!

[pagebreak]

crop top- threadsence.com ($28), boots- hm.com ($39), clutch- dsw.com ($18), hat- topshop.com ($50) 

This look is so perfect for day or night; with the mixed tones of blacks, blues and purples, you can wear it at any time of the day. The high wasted harem pants sit nicely over your hips so that only a tiny bit of tummy is showing, perfect if you’ve been sipping on one too many pumpkin spiced lattes lately. I love the idea of a long sleeve crop top, too! It’s perfect for fall weather. Pair it with some short boots and cute accessories, such as a floppy hat and a violet clutch, and you’ve found the perfect fall look for your crop top obsession! 

[pagebreak]

crop top- thehunt.com ($15), jacket- forever21.com ($48), jeans- pinkice.com ($38), oxfords- stevemadden.com ($99)

I have always been a huge fan of boyfriend jeans. Not only are they so comfy, but they also match with so many different outfits! In this set, I paired a pair of light wash, high-wasted, destroyed boyfriend jeans with a plain, black crop and an army green cargo jacket. This outfit is perfect for walking around campus or going downtown for the day. Complete the look by adding it with a pair of black or brown oxfords and a chic cross body bag, and voila! A perfect fall outfit that incorporates your favorite crop top from last season! How frugal are we?!