This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

It’s getting warmer outside (finally), the trees are budding with brand new blossoms, and spring has officially sprung. In terms of college life, that means summer vacation is not too far off!

But, the last month of school doesn’t only bring the anticipation of summer, with it comes the final and most stressful stretch. The weeks ahead are filled with finals and papers and anything else that immediately causes my blood pressure to spike with the stress of it all. Sleepless nights and incredibly massive doses of caffeine are in store to hit that word count or power through those flash cards. Here are a few things to keep in mind through this last month of school to make it out triumphant on the other side. 

• Budget Your Time Wisely – Prioritize!
    • It’s crunch time now, people. I’m sure there are a million different things on your plate that all call for a massive chunk of attention, but they can’t call get the same VIP treatment. When I’m in a bind and I have a thousand different things on my agenda, I take it all and write it down in my planner in order of importance. Looking at everything in a jumble of disorder makes it seem ten times scarier. Papers get lined up in accordance with whichever one has the soonest due date and I list which tests I ned to study for in order of when they are happening. Tests also get filtered again based on how much time I have to set aside to fully grip the material. It may sound a little anal retentive but when there is just so much to handle in so little time, a girl needs a touch of help to get through it all without melting into a puddle of stress. 
  • Studier Smarter, Not Harder
    • I am probably the worst study-er out there. Usually, I just stare at my notes and hope that something, anything, sticks. But all it does is eat up time and make me more stressed about the test in question. But during this finals season, I have realized that there are ways that I can study (for less time!) that will help me absorb much more information. The 15 Minute study method encourages focusing in bursts with frequent resting. For a more hands-on approach, old school flash cards are always there for you. Make the most of study time without feeling like you’re gonna keel over or your eyes are gonna cross. 
  • Remember to Take Care of Yourself
    • Stress is terrible for you. During this month, and all the hazards that come with it, remember to care for yourself. See your friends, do a face mask, go to a school function. You must remember to allow peaceful moments to keep your head above water and out of the murky sludgy lake full of worry and word counts. You got this.
I enjoy British cookies. Biscuits, if you will.