Her Campus Fordham’s Holiday Gift Guide 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

With the holiday season in full swing, it’s time to share the joy of gift giving with the most important people in your life! Whether you’re willing to splurge or need to stay on a budget, these picks are sure to make your gift the best one your loved one receives.  XO, Her Campus Fordham 

1. For Your Best Girl Friend

The New York Times bestseller, #GIRLBOSS, was written by Sophia Amoruso, the founder, CEO, and creative director of Nasty Gal, a $100 million plus online fashion retailer. Your best gal will learn how to become a master of her own destiny and will be motivated by Sophia’s account of her own journey to the top. 

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, $16.49, available at Barnes & Noble 

This limited-edition Urban Decay eye shadow palette was created in collaboration with the fashion and beauty icon Gwen Stefani. The palette consists of neutrals that your best friend can recreate everyday for a signature look, and also includes a few jewel tones that she can use for those girls’ nights out! 

UD Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow Palette, $58, available at Sephora

2. A Lil’ Something For Your Favorite Guy  

Unlike girls, guys don’t have a large variety of accessories to invest in. These ties will offer a pop of color to your brother’s, best guy friend’s, or boyfriend’s outfit, and will deem appropriate for an interview or a fancy night out. 

Ties, $19, available at The Tie Bar

A coffee for us ladies is equal to a protein shake in a guy’s world. If he finds himself engaging in daily workouts at the gym, he probably also relies on protein shakes to get him through the day.  These protein powders are also available in many different flavors such as French Vanilla Crème, Chocolate Malt, and Rocky Road. 

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey (2 lbs.), $49.99, available at GNC

3. Gifts for Your Sister

This photo clip set will be a cute addition to your sister’s room by allowing her to hang up photos of her and all of her loved ones. Just be sure to remember to give her a photo of you and her so she can hang it up! This activity may come with a side effect of the feels, but who doesn’t love a walk down memory lane every now and then? 

Henna Medallion Photo Clip Set, $16, available at Urban Outfitters 

Cozy sweaters are essential for the holiday season, and will be a staple in your sister’s everyday wardrobe. This American Eagle sweatshirt has a unique pattern but gives an effortless vibe. But, the absolute best part about this sweater is that it matches with leggings! 

AEO Textured Pullover Sweater, $49.95, available at American Eagle

4. For Your Proud Dad

It’s no secret that your dad loves telling everyone he knows you go to Fordham University. As embarrassing as it may be sometimes, it also gives you an excuse to spend some time at the Fordham bookstore without feeling terribly guilty about spending so much on yourself. Check out this mug that your dad will be sure to use any chance he gets! 

Ceramic Dad Mug, $9.98, Available at the Fordham University Barnes & Nobles

It seems like your dad is either always in front of the grill preparing for game day or in front of the television screaming about game day. These Sportulas will combine two of your dad’s favorite things to do, and will make him feel a little bit better about the fact that he has to wear your mom’s floral apron. 

Sportula Products 3-Pc. Grilling Utensil Set, $59.99, Available at Kohl’s 

5. Gifts for Your Mom

Nothing seems more relaxing to your mom than having a night to unwind and relax with a bubble bath and candles. Giving her a candle with a cute message to remind her how much she means to you will be sure to win you the “Favorite Child” award. 

Home Is Where My Mom Is Tin Candle, $10, Available at Francesca’s 

Vera Bradley is the go-to brand for anything classic and chic, and happens to also be one of your mom’s favorite brands. This wallet will offer your mom both the style she wants and the organization she needs, with separate compartments for her IDs, credit cards, and cash. 

Vera Bradley Turn Lock Wallet, $49, available at Vera Bradley

Nicole came from Southern California to Fordham University to study psychology and marketing. When she's not in class, she's working at her local Applebee's or interning at a fashion PR firm in Manhattan. Nicole loves all things celebrity gossip, reality television, and most of all, food. In the future, Nicole hopes to be working as an editor of a popular woman's magazine or producer for a television show.