This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Fall Starbucks

As the cold weather settles in, it’s hard to resist the warming spices and flavors of Starbucks’ Fall menu. While these drinks may smell delicious, they contain large amounts of fat and sugar. Every year, Starbucks kicks off the Fall season with their cult favorite drink, the PSL. A grande size of this fall favorite, however, rings in at 380 calories and 50 grams of sugar- yikes! While it’s perfectly fine to indulge in a sweet treat every so often, the calories and sugars found in these drinks can add up fast. We’ve rounded up some healthier alternatives that deliver the seasonal flavors we all love.

Order: Tall PSL with non-fat milk and no whip: 200 calories

(If you’re a die hard PSL fan, try asking for non-fat milk, no whip, or fewer pumps of syrup in your PSL to cut down on calories, fat, and sugar.)

Order: Grande Caffe Misto with almond milk, 1 pump of pumpkin syrup, and 1 pump of sugar free dolce syrup (add stevia if needed): A mix of brewed coffee and steamed milk with tones of fall flavors: about 100 calories

Order: Grande non-fat Chai Tea Latte: Black tea infused with cinnamon, clove, and other warming spices is combined with steamed milk and topped with foam for the perfect balance of sweet and spicy: 210 calories

Order: Grande non-fat Caramel Macchiato: Freshly steamed milk with vanilla-flavored syrup, marked with espresso and finished with caramel sauce: 190 calories

Order: Grande Skinny Mocha: Bittersweet skinny mocha sauce, espresso, and steamed nonfat milk, lightly topped with foam: 170 calories

Order: Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte: Rich, full-bodied espresso blended with creamy steamed milk and vanilla syrup. Top with cinnamon to add an extra element of Fall: 200 calories

*Skinny = made with skim (non-fat) milk

Kristen is a freshman at Fordham University. She is an Economics major on the pre-law track. She loves coffee, music, and fashion. When she's not reading or writing articles, you can find her grabbing a slice on Arthur Ave with friends, hitting the gym, or binging on the latest season of Scandal.