HC Fordham’s Spring Break Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

If there’s one thing we know, it’s that packing is NOT easy. But with a little help from our friends at Her Campus National, and it became a breeze for Spring Break 2015. 

Books on Books

For starters girls gotta read on the plane and the beach. This year, we’re packing Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell and The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn. Since Fordham doesn’t have Greek Life, we’ll be living vicariously through the hilarious, yet drama-filled fiction by Bell. Meanwhile, we’ll take a break from our own hectic internships to indulge in a fictional one, in which the main character is actually a hitman…oh. 

To-Go Beauty 

We LOVE travel size. And we LOVE Not Your Mother’s hair products. So when we opened up our box to find it filled with these little babies…well, you can imagine our reaction. Seriously, who wants to use hotel shampoo and conditioner? These perfectly petite bottles fix neatly in our luggage and smell AMAZING. 

We’re also throwing Completely Bare mini wax kits in our totes. Never have we ever been so excited to try something since Taco Bell came out with the Doritos Locos tacos. When I put these strips to the test it was a major fail. I got more wax on me than hair off of me, but where the hair did come off, it hasn’t grown back in over a week. So that’s good news. 

Snacks <3

There’s not much to be said about free Chipotle except FREE CHIPOTLE!!!!!!! Now if only that Chipotle on Fordham road would hurry up and open….But until it does, we’ll snack on Luna bars to keep our energy up and calories down. They’re the perfect beach snag, especially in the mini size.  

Saftey First

In all seriousness, it’s about time we got our hands on these Sabre personal safety alarms. Fordham student’s know all too well that walking around alone at night isn’t the best idea. These mini key chains turn into a screaming alarm when the pin is pulled out, so carrying it on your wallet or lanyard is a smart idea for when you have night class, or when you’re on Spring Break and could get separated from the girls. It’s not pepper spray, but it’s something. 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.