HC Fordham Senior Staff Series: Carly Morrison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Carly Morrison has brought so much to the HC Fordham staff, including her warm personality and enthusiasm about Chapel Yoga. Since she is roommates with two other members of our staff, she has been able to create some great content for us while having fun with her friends. Read on to find out some more about her!

Where are you from? Monroe, New York

What year are you? Senior

What is your major? Business Administration

How did you decide to come to Fordham? Because it’s a good school and beautiful campus that’s very close to the city. 

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Probably Ram Town, especially last year when I got to participate in one of the games. 

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Social Media with Alice Marwick or Visual Thinking with David Storey 

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? David Storey

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? EDDIES 

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? Everyone is always willing to help each other and there are a lot of things going on on campus that are a great outlet from the hectic college environment. And….Chapel Yoga.

If you could relive one year at Fordham which would it be and why? If I could relive one year it would probably be Sophomore year just because it was the most fun. 

What hobbies do you have? I love to doodle and watch Netflix 

What’s on your NYC bucket list? Coney Island

What’s your dream job? A place where I can be creative and happy

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Don’t procrastinate and there’s no use in overstressing homework and tests. Also, involve yourself in internships and extracurriculars that you love and are interested it. Then you will always be motivated to make time for them.

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? I’m an only child (for some reason this always surprises people)

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? If I could give one piece of advice it would be to meet as many people as you can and always realize how precious your time in college is. Also, although grades are important college isn’t all about schoolwork. 

Pick one!
Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Botanical Gardens 

Arthur Ave or Fordham Road? Arthur Ave

Cafeteria or Grille? Grille

Ram Van or Subway? Neither, MetroNorth 

Met or MoMA? MoMA

Hot Dog or Bagel? Tough one but I’m going to have to go with hot dog.

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? Radio City 

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Brooklyn Bridge 

Olivia is a junior at Fordham University. She is a Communications major from bright and sunny Southern California, but the East Coast is her second home. She actually does love long walks on the beach, but she also loves being a friend, sister, daughter, and aunt. Most importantly, she hopes her articles make you feel happy.
Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.