Global Citizens Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

In an effort to end global poverty by 2030, the Global Poverty Project started the Global Citizens Festival. Its third annual concert took place on Sept. 27th with headliners like Carrie Underwood, No Doubt, Jay-Z, and even Beyoncé made a special appearance (there were in fact tears of joy). Several celebrities such as Jessica Alba, Olivia Wilde, and the oh-so-attractive Ryan Reynolds showed their support for the cause as well. Not only that, but several prime ministers and UN ambassadors gave speeches and made promises to donate millions of dollars to the cause. An estimated 60,000 people were at this festival and though it meant I was watching from the screens, it is still one of the best concerts I’ve been to. Not to mention, most people win tickets simply by taking action and spreading awareness. So next year, you can be a part of it too!

I love you, Carrie Underwood.

Alicia Keys felt like surprising us.

Natalie is a senior at Fordham University where she is a Communications major, concentrating in Journalism. She's previously been a Public Relations Intern at Rent the Runway, a Features Editor at Seventeen Magazine, and an Editorial Intern at Dance Spirit Magazine. This semester, she has the opportunity to combine both of her passions, dance and journalism, as a Press Intern at the New York City Ballet. She continues to take class at the infamous, Broadway Dance Center as she hopes to enjoy her senior year to the fullest.