Glass Animals Concert Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Just a few short days ago, I found myself lucky enough to be at one of the opening concerts for the Glass Animals’ How To Be a Human Being tour. I enjoyed a lot of their music throughout the years, but I wasn’t a particularly huge fan, so I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. 

The concert was at Radio City Music Hall, which struck me as an unusual spot. Glass Animals is known for having a really eccentric, psychedelic vibe, and the high-end feel of Radio City didn’t seem like a good fit. However, once the concert got started, I quickly forgot about my concerns and was immersed in a world of lights and noise. The entire venue felt like a 1960’s California party–and by the looks on the faces around me, people were enjoying every second of it.

I was honestly blown away at how incredible the concert was. Since a lot of Glass Animals’ music is very tech-based, I wasn’t sure what to expect about hearing it live. Luckily, it was even better than hearing it through Spotify! Their lead singer, Dave Bayley, spent so much time jumping around and getting so into the songs that it was undoubtedly infectious. The entire concert was a rush of dancing and laughter and music that you could literally feel moving through your body. The set was great, blending some of their older songs with their new–classics such as ‘Gooey’ were played alongside the band’s personal favorite (and a total tearjerker), ‘Agnes.’ The stage props totally fit the mood (think retro television sets, palm trees, and my personal favorite–a pineapple disco ball). I came to the concert as someone who enjoyed their music from time to time and left a dedicated fan that will be eagerly awaiting their new tracks. Overall, I’m incredibly glad that I had decided to buy my spur-of-the-moment ticket and head to this concert. I’ve been to many shows, but very few have had the same level of excitement and energy as this one. If you haven’t heard any of their songs yet, what are you waiting for? Get listening!

Jessica Cozzi is currently a sophomore at Fordham University, majoring in English and minoring in Creative Writing. Having been a YA lit blogger for several years, she aims to pursue a career in publishing post-graduation. Aside from boring nerdy things like school, she's a huge fan of reading romance stories and writing some of her own, as well as claiming to be a burrito connoisseur.
Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.