Culture > News

Fordham Football for the Win: A Recap of The Rams’ Latest Home Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

After the cancellation of last year’s season due to Covid-19, Fordham football is back this year and better than ever! The team can finally play a normal season with fans in the crowd and the dance and cheer teams performing on the field. Both Fordham students and outside guests can attend each game as long as you are vaccinated or have proof of a negative test 72 hours before the event. 

Although the season is not over yet, here is a quick breakdown of each game played on the beloved Jack Coffey Field so far this season:

Saturday, September 11: Fordham vs. Monmouth

For their first home game of the season Fordham played Monmouth University, a private university in West Long Branch, New Jersey. Fordham made three touchdowns, one in the second quarter, one in the third quarter, and one in the fourth quarter. Wide Receiver Dequece Carter is responsible for the touchdowns in the second and fourth quarters, while Wide Reciever Fotis Kokosioulis made the TD in the third quarter. Additionally, Kicker Nick Leinenweber made a 27-yard field goal in the second quarter. Although they played hard, Fordham lost by only three points with a final score of 23-26.

Saturday, October 9: Fordham vs. Wagner

Fordham played Wagner College, a liberal arts school in Staten Island, NY for their homecoming game and first win at home this season! On that warm Saturday afternoon, over 3,000 current Fordham students, alumni, family and friends sat proudly in the stands as the Rams beat Wagner with a whopping 56-7. Fordham made a total of eight touchdowns, two in the first quarter, four in the second quarter and two in the third quarter. Running Back’s Trey Sneed and Antonio Cortez, Wide Reciever’s Fotis Kokosioulis and MJ Wright, Tight End Jack Lynch and Quarter Back Sean Holland are the muscles behind the touchdowns with four passes from QB 1, Tim DeMorat. Loud cheers filled the stadium as the team ran out to ring the victory bell at the end of the game. 

Saturday, October 16: Fordham vs. Bucknell

If you thought Fordham couldn’t score any more points, the team claimed victory over Bucknell, a liberal arts college in Lewisburg, PA, with a score of 66-21. The Rams made a total of nine touchdowns, while Bucknell only made three. Quarter Back Tim DeMorat was a passing machine, assisting six of the nine touchdowns. Wide Receiver’s Dequece Carter, Garrett Cody and Fotis Kokosioulis and Running Back’s Trey Wilson III, Taj Barners and Antonio Cortez were the stars of the game, each of them making a touchdown or two. Kicker Nick Leinenweber also made a 24-yard field goal in the second quarter. Two wins in a row for the Fordham Rams.

Saturday, October 23: Fordham vs. Lehigh

During Fordham’s most recent home game against Lehigh, a private university in Bethlehem, PA, the families of Fordham students came out to watch the Rams win their third game in a row, a family weekend miracle! It was a very “back and forth” game in terms of scoring. Lehigh took the lead at the end of the first quarter with one touchdown, but both teams were tied at the first half. During the second half, Lehigh was in the lead by one TD, but as soon as the fourth quarter hit, Fordham took the lead and won the game. Wide Receiver’s Dequece Carter and Garrett Cody, Quarter Back Tim DeMorat and Tight End Jack Lynch put the Rams on the board. The final score was 35-28.

The Ram’s play their final game against Holy Cross on Saturday, November 13. If you want to see a fourth win in a row, make sure you come out and support! Go Rams!

Taylor Masi

Fordham '22

Taylor is a senior majoring in Journalism with a double minor in Film & Television and Communication and Culture. Aside from writing for HC, Taylor is the captain of the Fordham University dance team, where she performs at all home sporting events and choreographs for the team. She also is a member of the Fordham Dance Marathon, where she helps raise money for pediatric cancers and writes for The Ram, Fordham's student newspaper.