This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

On February 27, RHA hosted the Fordham Dance Marathon, which ran for 12 hours. The staff challenged everyone to not sit down for the entire duration that they were there. As part of Slainte Fordham Irish Dance, I had the pleasure of performing at FDM and then taking part in the fun afterwards!

Practicing and putting the finishing touches on the number right before we go out.

Everyone at FDM got to be an Irish dancer and learn the jig. (photo c/o Fordham RHA Instagram).

FDM had a great turn out with people getting down to everything from Beyonce’s “Formation” to Isley Brothers’ “Shout”. People were rocking it on the dancefloor from 11 to 11 and many different performances took place throughout the day, including the acapella groups. Slainte danced an acapella number and fun reel!

FDM raised over $ 60,000 for the B+ (Be positive) Foundation, which helps support children and their families as they battle cancer.

I'm a modern girl living in the ancient world. A lover of ancient art and museums!