Fashion For Philanthropy’s PUNK Fashion Show: 10 Things You Won’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

On Friday, April 11th 2014, Fordham University’s Fashion for Philanthropy is putting on one of the biggest events of the year in the world of college fashion. After months of creative planning, the Rose Hill Gym will transform into the perfect runway for Fashion for Philanthropy’s ninth annual fashion show entitled “Rebels on the Runway.” Mark your calendars ladies, this fashion savvy event is one you won’t want to miss.

Here’s a list of the 10 Things You Won’t Want to Miss at this year’s fashion show:

1. PHILANTHROPY: You wont leave this event feeling fueled on fashion alone. Fashion for Philanthropy’s event benefits the Make A Wish Foundation, a charity that grants wishes to children with life threatening diseases. In the Metro New York chapter alone, over 8,500 wishes have been granted and the numbers are still growing. Together we can help change the life of a deserving child in need.
  2.  AN UP-AND-COMING GENERATION OF FAHIONISTAS: If you want to attend an event for young kids or busy adults, this event is not for you. Students flock from Fordham’s Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses to be a part of this exciting experience, and even people living around the campuses get involved. Come to bond over fashion and make new friends!
  3. FABULOUS CLOTHES: The clothes you’ll see being worn on the runway have been donated from various designers, stores and students. This year’s contributors include Theory, Tadashi Shoji, Ali Ro, and Jeffery Campbell.
  4. FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS: Food is always a reason to attend an event. This year’s fashion show guests will snack on cupcakes, Stash Tea, Hint Water, and more deliciousness.
  5. A STUNNING RAFFLE: Take the chance and support Make A Wish Foundation. Raffle prizes include items from Helmut Lang, OPI, ghd Professional, Madonna & Co., Warby Parker, Satya Jewelry, Two Birds, and Tata Harper! Enough said.
  6. GIFT BAGS GALORE: Who doesn’t like free stuff? If you feel inclined to buy a VIP seat, chances are you’ll receive one of FFP’s 300 VIP gift bags, including products from a variety of fashion related companies. Look out for goodies from BooBoo Cover up, Naked Princess, and My.Face Cosmetics!
  7. SAMPLES: More free items and products, donated from only the best fashion related brands. 
  8. GORGROUS MODELS: FFP chooses to pick their models from Fordham’s student population. You might even see some of your friends strutting the newest fashion trends. These models capture FFP’s mission of cultivating self-expression as they find their runway stride.
  9. SPONSORSHIPS: Sponsors get lots of recognition during the event, so keep an eye out for well-established brands and businesses endorsing Fashion for Philanthropy and Make A Wish Foundation, including big names like Lord and Taylor and Bloomingdales.
  10.  A NIGHT TO REMEMBER: Whether you are unshakably fashion savvy or desire to be, Fashion for Philanthropy’s “Rebels on the Runway” fashion show will be a fun-filled event that will help you meet students from Fordham and beyond, give you the opportunity to grant a wish for a child in need, and turn you on to new trends coming out of the punk rock fashion scene.

What Will They Wear?

Fashion for Philanthropy is highlighting the punk rock inspired styles of New York City in this year’s fashion show. You’ll see models strutting head-turning black leather and bold makeup on the runway. Chunky metallic jewelry and bold, bright pops of color – including colored leather – will complete each outfit and you’ll learn how to dress bold, punk staples up or down for any occasion. For both those who rock the punk style and those who want inspiration, this show will bring a new perspective on parading the rocker chic look in and around NYC. See you there!