Emily Paddon, FCRH ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Full name: Emily Alexandra Paddon

School and Year: FCRH 18

Hometown: Glen Rock, NJ

Major: Psychology & Special Education

Single or Taken: Very Single

Favorite thing about Fordham? I am a transfer student so my favorite thing about Fordham is feeling like I belong in this community. I have met so many wonderful people and had so many fulfilling experiences in just a semester and a half.

Campus Involvement: Fordham Satin Dolls, Rodrigue’s Coffee House, Ampersand

Hobbies: Singing, writing, acting, and smiling at strangers

Favorite Vegetable: I once ate three zucchinis in one sitting. I had to take a week off but we’re still going strong.

Dream Job: Right now I’m in the five year special education program and want to be a teacher for children with disabilities. I’m especially passionate about working with children and adults with Autism and may eventually want to get a PhD in behavioral therapy or clinical psychology.

Favorite Band or Artist? My taste ranges from artists like Ingrid Michaelson and She & Him to Mac Demarco and Fleet Foxes. It’s kind of all over the place.

What are you looking for in a significant other? If I knew the answer to that I would probably already be with them. I think I need someone who brings out my best but still loves me at my worst.

You can only eat eat one food for the rest of you life, what is it? Sweet Potatoes. No question.

Currently binge watching: I am trying my best to watch the new seasons of ‘Dr. Who’ but, whenever I open Netflix, ‘New Girl’ pulls me back in. It’s an internal struggle.

Dream Vacation: Sitting on a beach covered in SPF 100 is fun, but my dream vacation is one where I can explore and be active. I recently went to Sonoma, California and had an amazing time hiking through redwoods. Nature has a beautiful way of making me feel so small.

Favorite emoji and why? This question is so difficult because I am the type of person who takes way too long to formulate a text message and thinks about everything down to which smiley face emoji seems the least aggressive. However, I am going to have to go with the upside down smiley face because it’s a little passive aggressive and comes with mystery.

If you could wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?  The most versatile of all garments, a skort. I will feel pretty while also having the freedom to sit however I want, which is generally criss-cross-applesauce.

What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you? I hand-sewed a skirt over winter break. I didn’t really learn how, but I figured it out and I really enjoyed it. If you ever need anything altered just let me know.

Hannah is a Fordham University junior from Massachusetts studying Psychology, Communications, and Women's Studies. As an aspiring TV writer, she spends most of her time watching, writing, and talking about TV. Her favorite shows include The X-Files, Scrubs, and Orange is the New Black.