This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

The scariest holiday is creeping up quicker than anticipated. Finding the perfect Halloween costume can be challenging as it has to check off specific criteria– originality, creativity, and has to be recognizable. The list goes on. The costume hunt can be very overwhelming, especially when dealing with midterms at the same time. 

Not to frighten you, but Halloween is a week away, and I have compiled some last-minute recommendations that you might be able to put together with the clothes in your wardrobe. Beware that some of these are basic, but sometimes everyone has to be a little basic. 

Harry Styles Grammys Performance

If you love Harry Styles and own a black leather jacket, you already have half of this costume done. At the 2021 Grammys, Harry wore a full leather suit and accessorized with a green boa on his bare chest. If you already own a leather jacket, all you need is a boa which is easy to access at party stores and on Amazon. 

Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

Holly Golightly 

Two things that just make sense: Hollywood and Audrey Hepburn. To pay respect to Hepburn’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s character, Holly Golightly, there are two amazing costumes you can try. 

You can’t have Holly Golightly without the chic black dress with elbow-length gloves. I dressed up like this for Halloween last year and used a black dress, pearls, and a tiara I already owned. The only thing I had to buy was the black gloves which are super affordable on Amazon

Another Breakfast at Tiffany’s costume is her pajama set! All this requires is an oversized white button-down and a sleep mask. Inevitably, her sleep mask is utterly chic. If you’re feeling crafty, find a turquoise sleep mask and decorate it with gold detailing from a craft store. 

Hallie Parker

The Parent Trap is a childhood classic starring Lindsay Lohan. I never quite figured out how they executed all Annie and Hallie scenes, but I do know it’s super easy to dress up as Hallie in the iconic poker scene. Hallie wears a bomber jacket and sunglasses. I don’t think this costume has been popular in past Halloween seasons, and it will be super fun!

Pulp fiction 

Nothing is more iconic than Uma Thurman’s character in Pulp Fiction. Minus the bob black wig, all you need is a white button-down shirt to complete this costume. It’s timeless and requires no effort to put together. 

Trashy Tourist

This is the perfect costume if you’re looking for a more relaxed and silly Halloween vibe. Look in your closet, find any shirts/gear you purchased on vacation, and pair them with a bucket hat. Bonus points if you have Birkenstocks because you can bring the whole socks and sandals aesthetic forward! 

Plus, you can carry a prop camera if you feel up to it. Because what screams touristy more than a camera? 

Mama Mia 

Grab your denim and be a character from Mama Mia to capture the essence of summering in Greece. This fashion in this movie is all about wide-leg pants and flowy sleeves, so find your favorite wide-leg jeans and pair them with a denim jacket. 

Cupid 

I warned you there would be basic suggestions here. It’s inevitable. If you have a red dress or red top, go find yourself a heart headband like this one from Party City. You can draw hearts on yourself and get creative! 

“I’m a mouse, duh.”

Mean Girls. We all love and know it. The Halloween party scene is one of my favorites. To be my favorite character, you need a little black dress, a bow around your waist, and mouse ears to recreate this famous line from the movie. 

Tiffany: Chucky’s Bride

For those looking for an edgier costume, Chucky’s bride, Tiffany, is a super easy costume to mimic. All you need is a black leather jacket and a white dress. You can have fun dressing up as Tiffany because you can play around with a smokey eye/ makeup look.

Remember, Halloween is supposed to be a fun way to dress up, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Have fun, and stay safe!! 

Gabriella is a junior at FCRH majoring in journalism with a minor in fashion studies. When not writing for Her Campus, she keeps busy with the Fordham Ram, MODE Magazine, Fordham Dance Marathon, and the Rose Hill Society.