This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Anyone who knows us knows how much we love Christmas, and the great pride we take in decorating our dorm for every single holiday. Not kidding – we get really into it.

With Christmas only being a few weeks away, we’re starting to get into the holiday spirit, and lucky for you, we’ve put together a little guide for decorating your dorm this holiday season. 

First, choose your plan of attack. We went to Party City, where we were able to get most of our decorations, and then got wrapping paper at Walgreens (it’s cheaper there). Some classic decorations are garland, holiday related signs, and battery powered lights.

Next, return triumphantly with your bounty. We trekked from the Metro North gate to Tierney, which was a pretty intense walk – especially toting five bags brimming with decorations. Be prepared to suffer a bit, but all in the name of having a well-decorated dorm.

Lastly, Make sure you set enough time aside to decorate! It took us about an hour and a half to fully complete our decorating…most of the time was devoted to our door. [Editor’s note: have cookies and Christmas music on hand so you don’t lose steam with a partially decorated room.] 

The most important thing to do is have fun and make your dorm unique. Decorating your dorm room for the holidays is a perfect opportunity to spend some quality bonding time with your roommate and express to the rest of your building just how excited you are for the holiday season!

(Handome the bear making a guest appearance…he’s our third roomie.)

And finally, the pièce de résistance:

Happy Holidays, everyone!

HCXO, Ash & Jess

Ashley is currently a student at Fordham University who's double majoring in English and Philosophy, and minoring in Business Administration. Her hometown is Northport, New York (Long Island represent!!). On campus, a few out of many things she's involved in are Let's Get Ready, the Philosopher's Society, FUEMS, Autism Speaks U, Colleges Against Cancer, and writes for both Her Campus and the Fordham Ram. She loves her job working with special needs individuals in a therapeutic horseback riding program (https://www.facebook.com/dreambigtherapeutic), playing the piano, the entirety of the Christmas season, her dog, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Recently, she's binge-watched Game of Thrones and Archer. Ashley is super excited to be writing for Her Campus!! Follow her on Instagram (@ashkatusaa) or Twitter (@ashiisaurr) for occasional witty comments.
Jessica is a sophomore at Fordham University, studying Political Science and International Studies. She is from Northport, Long Island and she loves everything about home. Jessica is involved in Campus Ministry, Fashion for Philanthropy, Relay for Life, Let's Get Ready, Club Tennis, and of course Her Campus at Fordham. She loves nothing more than Christmas time, preppy clothes, and the New York Rangers. Seriously, she's the biggest hockey fan ever! Jessica is super excited to be writing for Her Campus and looks forward to sharing her ideas with the Her Campus community!