Diving In With Hanul Moon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

If you haven’t had the pleasure of personally getting to know Hanul Moon, then chances are you’ve seen this exceptionally well dressed guy walking around campus. Hanul is a sophomore in the Gabelli School of Business and juggles a rigorous schedule with varsity diving, three club sports and an RA position. When Hanul isn’t at swim practice or attending business meetings, he enjoys practicing yoga and hanging out with friends. Hanul’s electrifying personality makes him one of the most well-rounded students at Fordham and a shoe-in for this week’s campus celeb!

Where are you from? Born in Seoul, South Korea, from Haverhill, MA.

What year are you? Sophomore

What is your major? Marketing with a concentration in Accounting

What activities are you involved in? Varsity Diving, Club Tennis, Club Volleyball, Ski Club, Resident Assistant

How did you decide to come to Fordham? I chose Fordham mainly because of diving. Other big reasons include: being in NYC while still having a campus, the prestige of the business school.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Stay organized, but don’t over do it. Get an agenda and use it daily, but only if you’re comfortable with it. If you force yourself to organize when you’re a messy person, it will be more detrimental to you. Everyone must find their own “method in the madness”.

What’s your favorite thing about New York? Definitely shopping.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Over winter break I was teaching my teammate how to moon walk on the ice. I slipped and fell. I broke the fall with my cheek.

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? Cosi. Tomato Basil Soup for days.

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? Lighten up. We may be in NYC, but relax. It’s college. Have fun, grab a drink, and meet someone new. Just because you have friends, doesn’t mean you can’t have more. Don’t limit yourself because you’re comfortable, challenge yourself because you want to grow.

What’s your dream job? My dream job would be CEO of J.crew or the Editor in Chief of GQ.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Professor James VanOosting

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? I am very insecure.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Botans

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Fordham Rd

Cafeteria or Grille? Grille

RamVan or Subway? Ram Van, or Metro North

Met or MoMA? Havent been to either =0

Hot Dog or Bagel? Bagel

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? Radio City

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park