Detox Day in Your Dorm/Apartment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

With midterms approaching, you may sense yourself starting to panic. Exams, group projects, 8 page papers, and the transition from hot to cold weather may not be your ideal combination for the weekend. To help you keep calm and manage your midterm stress, set aside some time to relax. Whether you’re in your dorm or at your apartment, these 4 things will make you feel like you’re at a spa!

1. Tea: A hot cup of tea is the cure for everything. Although tea can be highly caffeinated, I recommended relaxing with a more herbal and flavorful tea. One of my favorites is Twinnings’ Chamomile, Honey, & Vanilla tea. This is the perfect tea to accompany a long night of studying. The vanilla flavor makes it extra sweet, satisfying your 10pm late night snack craving. The best part? You can buy this tea at Best Deli on Fordham Road!

2. Candle: For those of you living off campus, being able to have candles in your apartment is a real treat. One of the best scents available now at Bath and Body Works is “Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin” by White Barn. This candle will instantly bring you autumnal happiness. Who doesn’t love the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin? Accompany with your cup of tea and textbooks, then studying won’t seem so bad!

3. Hair Mask: You’ve probably tried a number of facemasks before, but have you given your hair some TLC? Hair masks work wonders for your hair and don’t take as long as face masks. For an instant, aromatic, spa-like experience, I suggest you splurge on the Christophe Robin Purifying Mask with Sea Salt. Available at Sephora, this hair mask is the ultimate treat. It exfoliates your scalp and then turns into a foamy lather, making your hair incredibly soft, bouncy, and shiny. The smell is amazing- you’ll feel like you’re at the beach!

4. Chocolate Fix: After you’ve pampered your hair and gotten some work done, you’ll probably want to treat yourself to a study snack. Well, you can’t go wrong with Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Nuggets. These small chocolates are great because they’re unbelievably delicious and easy to take on the go to and from the library. Don’t forget to share with your roommate, too!