The Dean’s List: March 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Happy March! For those of you still recovering from St. Patrick’s Day here’s a little pick-me-up…

What to Watch:
The Bachelor season ended this month. Courtney, the resident biotch, took home the final rose; we have to give her some credit for knowing how to “play the game” but that kind of ruined the “romance” of the show. Then again, it’s reality TV. Were you surprised that bachelor Ben picked evil Courtney?

And who could forget Pretty Little Liars! Okay so FINALLY A is revealed. Surprise, surprise Mona is A (or not a surprise for those of us who read the books). Surprised or not, you were definitely on the edge of your seat watching the finale. We love the hashtags at the bottom of the screen; our favorite from the finale episode was “#ezriagoespublic,” still can’t believe that happened! Not sure if we can wait until the summer to see what happens next… can you?

March Hottie:

Josh Hutcherson has landed himself a major role as Peeta in The Hunger Games out on March 23rd. Remember him in RV and Bridge to Terabithia?! Well he’s all grown up now and about to heat up the big screen, fighting for his life and the love of Katniss in The Hunger Games. 

What to wear:
Colorful, embellished flats are in for spring, perfect for walking around campus. Don’t be afraid to choose bold colors, like turquoise or coral. Also, try metallic styles like silver, gold, and platinum that will pull together almost any outfit.

As for beauty news, while you’re breaking out your sandals you may realize your toes are in major need of some TLC. Take a break from studying for a quick DIY pedicure so your ready for sandal and wedge season. The best part about spring is the cute pastel colors you can finally wear again. We recommend Essie’s “Pink-A-Boo” and “Mint Candy Apple”

Who to follow:
Speaking of nails… do you follow Seventeen Magazine on Twitter? If you don’t- you should! Get inspired by the fun spring colors and patterns every ManicureMonday. Following Seventeen helps you stay updated on their latest issue and articles when you didn’t get the chance to pick it up. They also feature fun stuff like ManicureMonday, ShoesdayTuesday, contests, and your favorite celebs. 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field. 
Claire Cumberland is a sophomore at Fordham University in the Bronx. A communications major, she doesn’t have a singular idea about what she wants to do with her life, but hopes to dabble in many different things before stumbling upon her dream job. She enjoys reading, writing, walking her dog Scout, going to thrift stores, watching television, painting her nails, getting internships, online shopping, and color coding things. Claire has interned at Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a charity for childhood cancer established in her hometown of Philadelphia, PA. She also interned at Sesame Workshop as a production intern for The Electric Company, a popular show on PBS. Claire is currently involved in Global Outreach at Fordham University and is an anchor for Fordham Nightly News.