The Dean’s List: January 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Don’t worry collegiates, it’s not that Dean’s List. This list is a completely different Dean’s List, more of your who’s who and what’s what of the month! The New Year has kicked off with a great start in January. Check out the cute trends and hot celebrities who made the list this month.

Top Trends:
Of course a trend you’re seeing this January are “winter-chic” accessories. Some of our favorites are the infinity scarves (also called “loop” or “snood” scarves) girls are wearing around campus, as well as cute knit headbands. Though not exactly new, this year we’re seeing a lot more color and texture in these pieces. Lookout for scarves with cutouts or fringe, and headbands with a girly “bow” style. The best thing about these pieces is that because spring lines have already begun to come out, a lot of them have gone on sale! They will be trendy and useful for at least another month through the chilly weather.

Who To Follow:

Lauren Conrad
Let’s face it; some celebs are more interesting to follow on twitter than others. If you follow Lauren Conrad then you already know why she’s making the dean’s list. Coming far from her Laguna Beach days, Lauren has become a successful author, reality star, designer, and much more. Her tweets are full of cute tips, like daily lists on her website such as “Friday Favorites.” Definitely follow Lauren if you don’t already, and check out some of her latest tweets, like why she’s drinking water and lemons (and why you should too!)

January Hottie:

Tim Tebow
So he and his team didn’t make it to the Super bowl this year… But Tim Tebow has been the topic of so much discussion, he’s making it onto the dean’s list anyways.  Whether you love (or hate) the way he plays, or just like to drool over him, there’s no denying it’s Tebow Time.

What to Watch:

Pretty Little Liars
The hit book series turned TV show is back! The new season premiered in January and the suspense is greater than ever so be sure to tune in every Monday’s at 8 on ABC Family! What trouble will A cause for Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily this season?

American Idol
Also back this month, American Idol. If you’re not watching for the competition, at least watch for the ever stunning Jennifer Lopez. We have to say that the new trio of judges really did give the show a fresh start, even now in it’s 11th season.

Celebrity News:
January 2012 saw the birth of the world’s youngest diva, baby Blue Ivy Carter. The birth of Beyonce and Jay-Z’s daughter has caused quite the media stur, but regardless we’re so excited for the power-couple.

New Year’s Resolution:
Every year you tell yourself you’re going to commit to eating healthy and exercising regularly, this so-called “new year’s resolution” is nothing new. But we still think it deserves honorable mention on the dean’s list. Keeping your mind and body healthy should always be a top priority. Do yourself a favor and don’t give up after just a few weeks! Check out Seventeen Magazine’s Team Seventeen campaign for motivation and exercise tips.

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field. 
Claire Cumberland is a sophomore at Fordham University in the Bronx. A communications major, she doesn’t have a singular idea about what she wants to do with her life, but hopes to dabble in many different things before stumbling upon her dream job. She enjoys reading, writing, walking her dog Scout, going to thrift stores, watching television, painting her nails, getting internships, online shopping, and color coding things. Claire has interned at Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a charity for childhood cancer established in her hometown of Philadelphia, PA. She also interned at Sesame Workshop as a production intern for The Electric Company, a popular show on PBS. Claire is currently involved in Global Outreach at Fordham University and is an anchor for Fordham Nightly News.