CSA President Tony Vozza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Tony Vozza is a man on the go.  Literally, he commutes from Westchester to Fordham every day.  But does that stop him from being one serious campus celeb? Absolutely not!  From the field to OSLCD, you can find Tony around campus.  In November, you probably saw him hosting the Commuter Student Association’s annual Thanks-Give-Away. Tony talked to Her Campus Fordham about this fabulous event, and gave us a little sneak peak into his crazy commuter life.    

Where are you from? Mamaroneck, NY

What year are you? Senior

What is your major?  History

What activities are you involved in? I’m a New Student Orientation Coordinator, CSA president, part of the Ski and Snowboard Club, Pre- Law Society, and I play intramurals.

How did you decide to come to Fordham? My dad went here, so I already had Fordham in mind.  It was the best school I applied to, I loved the campus and it was super close to home.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Don’t fall behind, get ahead as much as possible.  Also, don’t put all focus in one area, being a well-balanced student is more important than being good in one area.

What’s your favorite thing about New York? The city. I love it, it has so much to do, you can never be bored, and we have the best sports teams.

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? When the NSO Captains and coordinators went down as a group to see Potted Potter, a Broadway show that combined all 7 books in 70 minutes. It was hilarious, and a great way to kick off Orientation training.

What’s on your NYC bucket list? Going to see a Knick game at the Garden. I’m a huge Knicks fan.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? Gathering with all the seniors on Keating Steps for the candle lighting ceremony for NSO.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Law and Psychology.  I’m really into law, and the professor makes the class really enjoyable and relatable.

What’s your least favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? Irish literature. Made no sense.

Where’s your favorite spot on campus?  Eddies.  It’s where everyone meets to hang out.  Commuters and Residents alike.

If you could give one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette, what would it be? Get involved and have fun all four years.

What’s your dream job? District Attorney in NYC.

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? Men and women for others.  It teaches you to care for your other students, your fellow human beings.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Professor Cappello.  He’s really funny, and made class super interesting.  There was never a dull moment.

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? I’ve been to Europe 8 times- Portugal, England, Italy, and Spain.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Zoo.

Arthur Ave/Fordham Road? Arthur Ave because of the food.

Cafeteria or Grille? Grille

RamVan or Subway? Subway

Met or MoMA? Met

Hot Dog or Bagel? Hot Dog

Broadway or Off-Broadway? Broadway

Radio City or Madison Square Garden? MSG

Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park

A senior in FCRH, Stephanie is a double major in Political Science and American Studies. She is from Eastchester NY, which is about 20 minutes away from Fordham. She is involved in the Fordham Dance Team, is a Secretary of the Residence Hall Association board, New Student Orientation, and various other clubs.