This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

We totally get it, coming back to school after Winter break is a feeling like no other. Reunions are occurring left and right, and you are back and ready for action. It is all fun and games, however, until you realize your next break from school is not exactly right around the corner and the climb uphill through your second semester gets increasingly harder. But have no fear, collegiettes, your time for fun in the sun is not actually so far away! Here are the stages we face in our countdown to spring break:

1. You feel refreshed and rested after break and have a renewed sense of yourself so don’t even try and bring us down, gf.

source

2. You start out strong, ready to bring your A-game academically and show this semester who’s boss.

source 

3. You are so happy to be back with your friends after such a long winter break to do what you do best. 

source

4. Once syllabus week is over, the work starts piling up faster than you can say “fifteen page paper.” 

source

5. You get used to staying up into ugly hours of the night to do your homework that you didn’t have time for during your Netflix marathon. 

source

6. You start running up to perfect strangers to interact with their dogs cause you miss yours so much. 

source

7. You start a countdown to measure how much longer you’ll be away from home or your vacation away from your dorm room. 

source

8. Your academic A-game transforms into A+ day dreaming. 

source

9. Your countdown is finally winding down and you realize you can FINALLY ditch the books and get packing. 

source

10. Its time…BRING ON SPRING BREAK!

source

Wishing you a happy almost spring break, collegiettes! Have safe travels, make mems, and channel your inner Ross Geller. 

source

Lauren is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a degree in Journalism and Political Science. With a career goal of being a broadcast journalist, she is spending time interning at networks such as NBC and FOX. Hobbies include writing for Her Campus and singing in Fordham's all-female a cappella group, the Satin Dolls, as well as drinking too much coffee, listening to far too many boy bands, and watching Buzzfeed Tasty videos one after another.