Commuter Week 2016: Bringing in the Boroughs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Last week, from April 11th to April 17th, Fordham’s Commuter Students Association held their annual Commuter Week. The theme this year was New York City and celebrated the five boroughs – the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island. Making sure they brought a true NYC experience to the Rose Hill campus, CSA held multiple events every day from Ram’s Night Out to the Queen’s World Fair to Ram’s Got Talent.

On Monday, CSA had food trucks come through to campus and gave out some vouchers for free food. Big D’s Grub Truck sold some serious tacos and Melt Bakery provided sweet ice cream sandwiches. Brooklyn’s Coney Island was brought to the Hill on Thursday with some carnival games that people were able to take part in and free cotton candy. Basically, throughout almost all of the events, food was catered. Burgers, comfort food, and even food from all different cultures were served throughout the week. Would it be too late to change the name Commuter Week to Free Food Week?