Closet Spotlight: Nicole’s Winter Coats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

This closet belongs to: Nicole Chaux

We’re spotlighting her closet because: Nicole is always dressed to impressed. Whether she is going to her internship in the city, or just to class, Nicole always looks cute and trendy. One look in Nicole’s closet and you will notice her love of jackets and coats. With the cold weather creeping in, we wanted to put a spotlight on how Nicole stays warm and stylish. 

Fun fact: All four of these coats are from Zara (someone has an addiction). 

1. Plaid Perfection

This peacoat has a flared silhouette, and leather buttons with a knot detailing.  The plaid print is an eye-catching upgrade from a basic solid coat. 

[pagebreak]

2. Moto Jacket

This moto jacket is thick enough to make the transition from fall to winter. The gold zippers and buttons break up the black and compliment the leather collar. 

[pagebreak]

3. Not Your Mother’s Black Peacoat

This might look like a regular black peacoat from afar, but it’s definitely not. This coat is a standout. The fur collar, skinny leopard print belt, and textured fabric all add to the overall look this coat creates. 

[pagebreak]

4. Military Anorak

What’s not to love about this fourth coat? The military jacket was a major trend this fall, and this army green anorak carries that trend right into winter. The black leather and gold hardware detailing add dimension to the coat, while a quilted inner lining keeps out the cold. 

Alyssa is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies, and a minor in Spanish. With career goals ranging from digital editor at a major women's magazine, to writing a best selling young adult novel, she has put her skills to the test in many different areas of the communications field.