Class Clown, and Proud of It: Tim Rozmus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Tim Rozmus’ natural habitat is the Fordham stage. Whether in Collins Auditorium, where he recently starred in the Mimes and Mummers production of Lend Me a Tenor, or in the Blackbox performing with Fordham’s Sketch Comedy Group, it’s obvious Tim loves to perform. Tim recently helped co-found the new Fordham Stand-Up group on the Rose Hill campus. His passion for theatre and comedy make him one of the nicest and funniest guys you will meet on Fordham’s campus. If you want proof, check out Tim’s contribution to Fordham’s first-ever Stand-Up show here!

Where are you from? Northport, Long Island, New York

What year are you? I am a Junior.

What is your major? I am a Business Administration major with a Concentration in Marketing and a Specialization in Communications and Media Management with an unofficial focus in Creative Writing…basically, Entertainment Marketing.  Fordham just likes to attach a lot of words to it.

What activities are you involved in? I am the executive secretary of the Mimes and Mummers, a co-founder and member of Fordham Stand-Up, a member of Free Pizza! Sketch Comedy, a General Board member of CAB, and a member of and tutor for the Boyle Society.

Favorite movie: In the spirit of the season, I’m going to have to say National Lampoon’s “Christmas Vacation.”  It’s a classic.

Favorite band/musician: Right now I’m listening to a lot of Hypnotic Brass Ensemble and BK-One.  Both are jazz-funk-hip-hop fusion brass bands, and if anyone hasn’t heard of them they’re definitely worth checking out (both are on Spotify)

Favorite book: Born in the Year of the Butterfly Knife by Derrick Brown.

Favorite TV show: “Whose Line Is It Anyway” is a favorite, but the entertainment value of “Friendzone” on MTV cannot be overstated.

How did you decide to come to Fordham? Fordham was one of those schools that just “felt right” when I toured it.  It’s a bit of a cop-out of an answer, but the location, programs and campus combined made me want to come here from very early on in the college process.

Do you have any tips for students who are trying to balance schoolwork, extracurriculars, and other obligations like internships? Time management and a good sense of humor is the only way to do it.  Plan your stuff out, and make sure it’s realistic.  Making sure your activities are things you actually want to do is important as well.  I spend a ridiculous amount of time in Collins for theater, but I love being there.  You also have to leave room for small, fun stuff.  Almost every day during the week I make a point of sitting down at noon and watching the Looney Tunes.  Stuff like that gives you points throughout the day to pause, collect yourself, shout at an inanimate object and keep moving.

What’s your favorite thing about NY? New York is a food, finance, fashion and entertainment capital.  What more could you want from it?

What’s your least favorite thing about NY? The schizophrenic weather at times.  Snow on Halloween and tropical temperatures in December throw me off.

Do you have a favorite Fordham memory? The first time I was ever on stage for the Mimes and Mummers (for “Laughter on the 23rd Floor” in November 2010) was a big moment for me.  It made me realize just how much I had missed doing theater, and since then I have been pretty much consumed by Collins.

Do you have a favorite NYC memory? Earlier this year I was in Washington Square Park late at night with a few of my friends from Fordham.  The park was fairly crowded despite the late hour, and somehow through a system of starting chants and generally semi-politely shouting at strangers, we managed to start a small WWE-esque battle in the fountain without going in ourselves.  It was the sort of ridiculous thing that could only happen in New York City at a strange hour.

What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham?  Faith and Critical Reasoning with Professor Camosy freshman year.  This tends to surprise people, but he is the best professor I have ever had and I learned more in that class about the world and myself than I have in any other class.

What’s your least favorite class you’ve taken at Fordham? If it involves accounting or finance, you can count me out.

Where’s your favorite spot on campus? Collins.  I’m there all the time, and it’s a very interesting (and kind of stupid) building in an architectural sense.

If you could give one piece of advice to an incoming Fordham freshman, what would it be? Join clubs right off the bat.  You can always drop what you don’t like, and the experiences you have will define your experience here.

What’s your dream job?  I plan to work in the entertainment industry for about ten or fifteen years, then move to the Caribbean and open a bar.  Yes, really.  During freshman orientation I went onstage and told Ed Gerety (remember him?) the exact same thing.

What’s on your NYC bucket list? I want to go to every good barbecue restaurant I can find, visit Brooklyn Brewery, and a bunch of touristy stuff I didn’t take care of when I was younger.

What do you think the best part of a Jesuit education is? Care for the whole person is key.  Without truly knowing who you are, you won’t get anywhere with yourself.

Who is your favorite professor at Fordham? Professor Camosy in Theology.  He is the best professor I have ever had, and taught me a lot.

What’s one thing everyone would be surprised to learn about you? I have never seen the second or third Godfather films straight through.  I’ve seen the entirety of each movie, just out of order.

Pick one!

Bronx Zoo or Botanical Gardens? Bronx Zoo
Arthur Ave or Fordham Road? Arthur Ave
Cafeteria or Grille? Grille
Conway or Dr. Jay’s? Dr. Jay’s, dude’s got a degree.
RamVan or Subway? Subway
Duane Reade or WalGreen’s??Duane Reade
Met or MoMA? The Met
Hot Dog or Bagel? Bagel
Broadway or Off-Broadway? Off-Broadway
Radio City or Madison Square Garden? Madison Square Garden
Central Park or Brooklyn Bridge? Central Park

Emily attended Fordham University and majored in Communication and Media Studies with a concentration in journalism and a minor in Political Science. A wicked Massachusetts girl at heart who loves writing, shopping, and spending time with loved ones. Emily is constantly looking for new adventures and finds herself eternally wanderlust.  
Claire Cumberland is a sophomore at Fordham University in the Bronx. A communications major, she doesn’t have a singular idea about what she wants to do with her life, but hopes to dabble in many different things before stumbling upon her dream job. She enjoys reading, writing, walking her dog Scout, going to thrift stores, watching television, painting her nails, getting internships, online shopping, and color coding things. Claire has interned at Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a charity for childhood cancer established in her hometown of Philadelphia, PA. She also interned at Sesame Workshop as a production intern for The Electric Company, a popular show on PBS. Claire is currently involved in Global Outreach at Fordham University and is an anchor for Fordham Nightly News.