This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Thanksgiving has passed and it is officially Christmas time! It’s time to crank up those Christmas songs, sit down with some Christmas cookies, and plan how you want to decorate your room for the holidays this year!

The first thing that people will see when they walk up to your room is your door. So why not wrap it like a present? Go to your local craft store and buy whatever wrapping paper you think is cutest — I know I’m biased to wrapping paper with snowmen! Make sure that you buy enough to cover the front of the door and then you’re good to go! Measure the height of your door and cut strips of the wrapping paper that are long enough to cover it from top to bottom. You may need to have two or three columns of wrapping paper in order to cover the entire door. If you want, you can also buy thick ribbon and wrap it around the length of your door as well and tie it in a bow.

You probably have some kind of string lights hung up in your room, why not swap out those white-colored lights for some festive red and green lights? This is a cheap and easy way to make your room cozy, creating the perfect atmosphere to watch your favorite holiday movies and celebrate the season with your roommates. Every time you open your door, it will be like walking into a Christmas party!

It feels like everywhere you go during the holidays, stores are selling tiny fake Christmas trees. They come in all kinds of styles and colors: green, white and even pink! Since these small trees are relatively cheap and some even come pre-lit, you can buy one and put it up in your room. You can decorate it with any ornaments you may have, candy canes, tinsel, or more lights! If you want to spruce it up even more, you can use whatever wrapping paper you have leftover from wrapping your door and use it to wrap empty boxes to put under your tree. 

Decorating your dorm for Christmas doesn’t have to be stressful or expensive. If you follow these tips, you’ll have the cutest dorm in your building for Christmas!

Sociology and Philosophy Double Major at Fordham Rose Hill Interested in: Art, Music, Makeup and Current Events