Caroline “Cmurr” Murray: Girl Crush Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Co-chair of the Rose Hill Society, Recruitment Coordinator of the Student Philanthropy Committee, Hollywood cinema enthusiast, and Dunkin Donuts aficianado.  These are just some of the fine qualitites senior Caroline “Cmurr” Murray posses.  In the Fall of 2014, Cmurr left to study abroad in London, England a regular girl and returned as the sassy Queen of Gabelli we all know and love.  Check out why she’s our current Fordham girl crush and our ultimate #goals.

Caroline, pictured left, with the Fordham Ram.

Hometown: 

New Canaan, CT

Year:

Senior

What is your major?

Public Accounting

Pick one:

Caf or Grille? Grille

Ram Van or Subway? Ram Van

Arthur Ave or Fordham Road? Arthur Ave. The #4 special at Tinos beats White Castle. No questions asked.

Bronx Zoo or Botans? Botans. Even though I’ve been to both of these once, I’d rather walk around a garden than stand around stinky animals.

Broadway show or Yankees game? Broadway Show. I wish I could sing and dance over being able to play baseball ANY day.

Pizza or Fries? Fries

FroYo or Ice Cream Ice Cream

Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC Backstreey Boys. Does N’SYNC have a movie on Netflix about their famous come back? No.

Favorite Disney movie?

The Aristocats

What is your favorite thing about Fordham?

I love how all the clubs I’m involved with on campus extended my Fordham family. It’s crazy how close you can get with people in the matter of a few weekly meetings.

What is your theme song?

It’s A Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock N’ Roll) by the School of Rock cast. Favorite movie of all time.

Something you’re most proud of while you’ve been here?

During my time at Fordham, I’ve studied abroad twice. I participated in a study tour in Galway, Ireland and spent a semester in London. When I was a freshmen and sophomore, I was pretty much a homebody. I probably went home twice a month. I’ve never been more independent in my entire life than when I was gone for 4 months. I know everyone always says this, but studying abroad truly did allow me to leave my comfort zone and enjoy life to the fullest.

Describe your intramural team in 3 words.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can’t Lose. I know it’s not 3 words, but it’s 3 phrases. Our team named is the “Dillion Panthers” after the tv show Friday Night Lights. (I spelled Dillon wrong when I was making the team).

If you could pick 3 celebrities to be your entourage, who would they be?

Justin Timberlake, Julie Andrews, and Jack Black. Imagine starting a band with them.

If you you had a reality show, what would it be called?

“What If We Were All Babies?” Sometimes I ask my roomates, what if we were all babies? Wouldn’t that be so weird?

If you had a song play every time you walked somewhere, what would it be? 

“Ob La Di, Ob La Da” by the Beatles. Any Beatles song makes me happy, but that song puts me in some kinda mood.

First item on your bucket list?

Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge at sunset. A bunch of my friends did that this summer and it looked like outrageous fun.

What’s a surprising fact about you?

I have two different colored eyes. Well, technically one eye is half brown and green and the other is fully green. I’ll meet someone and then around 8 minutes into the conversation they say, “Woah, did you know you have two different colored eyes?” I swear on my mother’s baked ziti it’s true. 

What’s your biggest phobia?

Pickles. If I go to a diner and I order a grilled cheese or a burger, I always ask for no pickle. Pickle juice really creeps me out. Pickle juice sounds just like the movie Bettlejuice that scarred me for life and I just can’t think of that when I’m eating.

If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be?

If I were to get a tattoo, I would want it to resemble something about London. I’m not too sure where I would put it or what it would be, but studying abroad with Fordham in London was one of the best decisions I made. When I’m a wrinkly old woman and I look at that tattoo, I’ll remember the friends that I made and the unforgettable memories during those 4 months. If your name is Angela Murray and you’re reading this, it would say “I love my mother” because that would be the only tattoo she would allow me to get. 

What would your number one piece of advice to a Fordham collegiette be? 

Be a leader, not a follower. Join different clubs that your friends aren’t in and that you don’t think you would normally join. I believe that is what makes Fordham unique and special – students aren’t afraid to be who they truly are.