This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Swimsuit season is tough on everyone, even though it shouldn’t be. If you’re like me, it’s a little extra hard to feel confident on the beach. With a body that’s curvier than most, finding the right bathing suit to make me feel confident is a challenge.

I used to feel self-conscious about the way my body was shaped. Everyone around me had smaller thighs, smaller hips, smaller everything. As I got older, I started to understand that I had something that some women work very hard for: a natural hourglass figure. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not by any means toned or in the best shape, but I’ve grown to be comfortable and even proud of the way that I’m shaped.

Regardless of how I feel, finding a bathing suit that fits me (and covers what it’s supposed to!) is still a challenge. I bought my first bikini senior year of high school, and it took me awhile to feel comfortable in it. Now, I love the way I look in a high-waisted two-piece. For my girls with a little bit of extra body to go around, here’s some shopping inspo to get you started.

Some of my favorite bathing suits have been from swimsuitsforall.com. They’re partnered with Ashley Graham, so you know they have a curvy girl’s back. Here’s my favorite so far – and I’ve got my eye on a few for this summer, too.

Shockingly enough, I’ve found some of my favorite bathing suits in Target. They have so many styles, and they fit me just right. I’m the top of the size range, and the bottoms are just a tiny bit snug so make sure to try everything on first. These bathing suits tend to be a little on the sexy side on larger bodies, so maybe save these for a beach day with your friends rather than poolside with the family. Here are some of my favorite Target scores.

Swimsuit season is a great time to wear something that makes you feel your best. Love the skin you’re in, and find something that lets your personality shines through. The only thing you need to do to have a summer body is to have a body in the summer. Put on your favorite bikini and get out there.

Jacquelyn Kozak is a junior at Fordham University studying English and Visual Arts. She enjoys long walks through the zoo and looking at viral videos of dogs, and is allergic to her own cats.
Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.