This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

A great way to wind down after a hard week of classes is to indulge in a leisurely weekend brunch. Choosing the right spot to have the most fun meal of the day is essential. Since NYC is the brunch capital of the world, there’s no reason NOT to brunch! Trying to find a spot to spend your Sunday afternoon can be a little overwhelming, so save this list for the next time you’re looking for a place to have a weekend treat.

Amity Hall

Amity Hall is a modern American restaurant perfect for a fun and affordable brunch. There are two locations, one in Morningside Heights and the other in Greenwich Village. Its lively atmosphere and vibe makes it a perfect place to watch Sunday football. If you’re 21, go for their bottomless brunch which is only $20 and order the infamous mimosa tower! If you’re looking to order something tasty, but still healthy, you can’t go wrong with the Green Goddess Scramble, and the decadent Nutella French Toast will satisfy any sweet tooth.

Russ and Daughter

Russ & Daughters temporarily closed its dining services due to Covid-19, but they have thankfully re-opened their location in Brooklyn for both indoor and outdoor dining. If you’re craving a bagel platter with smoked fish and a variety of cream cheeses, this is the place to go. Order the cinnamon babka or a black and white cookie for dessert and have yourself a classic New York City brunch!

Jack’s Wife Freda

This classic brunch spot has excellent Mediterranian food and is a great place to go with a group of people with different tastes! From the Rosewater Waffles, to the iconic Green Shakshuka, everyone will find something they love on the menu. They have locations in Soho, Chelsea, and the West Village, making it ideal if you’re looking to grab a delicious but not too heavy brunch before an afternoon downtown.

Pastis

Pastis is a top pick for an upscale brunch spot in Meatpacking. This french bistro style restaurant has a charming outdoor set up, but the interior is even nicer. Anything you get off the menu will be outstanding. The service is great and adds to the fun atmosphere of the restaurant.  The burger and fries are some of the best in the city, and if you like oysters they’re always french, and order the Gruyère Omlette if you’re looking for a brunch style egg dish.

Boqueria

This Spanish tapas restaurant has locations all over Manhattan and it’s another exciting brunch spot to spend your Sunday afternoon. The lively and high-spirited vibe is excellent if you want to find a spot to go with a group of friends. Order an array of tapas, such as the Tabla de Quesos y Embutidos, the Tortilla Española, and the Bruselas con Chorizo if you’re looking to order share plates, because this place is fantastic for just that.   

Elea 

Elea is a Greek restaurant on the Upper West Side with an awesome brunch set up. Have brunch here if you’re looking for a fun atmosphere with live music and a mix of young and older groups. Their Salmon Burger is delicious and so is their Tsoureki French Toast, and they have a great bottomless brunch deal. If you prefer to sit outdoors, the setup here is flawless and excellent for your brunch instagram picture! Make sure to make a reservation before you go, because this place can get pretty busy on a Sunday afternoon. 

Morandi 

This lovable spot in the West Village is a must for its amazing italian food and charming, authentic vibe. If you’re in the mood for a classic brunch, order the Uova a Piacere or the Waffle with Crème Fraiche and Seasonal Fruit Compote. If you’re more in the mood for more italian food, the tagliatelle alla bolognese and the cacio e pepe are phenomenal! In addition to Pastis, Morandi is another Keith Mcnally spot, so we know it’ll be an amazing dining experience. 

Hi! I’m a Psychology major at Fordham University Lincoln Center. I’m very passionate about mental health awareness and I’m interested in all things travel, lifestyle, and sustainability!