Best Dressed: Oscars 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Although The Oscars are full of excitement, between waiting to see the winners and watching musical performances, many viewers tune in just to see the red carpet looks.  This year many stars looked gorgeous (and others became instant Memes–here’s looking at you, Lady Gaga), but here are just a few of the best dressed.

Gwyneth Paltrow went for a classic, feminine look in a Ralph and Russo pink gown, complete with a giant flower on the shoulder.

Not only did Julianne Moore take home the Oscar for Best Actress, but she also stood out in a one-of-a-kind Chanel dress.  Her custom gown, embroidered with 80,000 white sequins and flowers, took 987 hours and 27 people to make!

Cate Blanchett shows that sometimes a simple dress can stand out with the right accessories.  She topped her classic black dress by John Galliano for Maison Margiela with a statement Tiffany & Co. turquoise necklace.

Behati Prinsloo’s dress is actually two separate pieces, a major trend this upcoming spring and summer.  The supermodel completed her Armani Privé look with classic accessories and matching dark red lipstick.

Rosamund Pike let her intricate Givenchy dress speak for itself, with simple earrings and a ring as her only accessories, and understated hair and make-up.