An Afternoon At The Brooklyn Museum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

If you find yourself tired of the Met or the MoMA (which is actually impossible), you might want to make your way to the Brooklyn Museum to change things up. After a recent visit, it’s easy to see that this museum always has something worth checking out. An exhibit that ended earlier this month was a collaboration between Patrick McNeil and Patrick Miller called FAILE. The interactive exhibit includes punk-rock graffiti art and sculptures as well as an arcade filled with pinball machines, foosball tables, and video games. The Rise of Sneaker Culture was another exhibit worth checking out, shedding light on the intricate cultural influence and social historyof sneakers. There were over a hundred pairs from different manufacturers and major designers, along with film footage and interactive media to really dig deep into what became an urban icon. Hopefully you got a chance to check these exhibits out, but if not, the Brooklyn Museum has neat things to view constantly.