A Plant-Based Recreation of the Viral Salmon Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Emily Mariko’s salmon bowl has been all over Instagram and TikTok lately with different reactions and attempts to try out the bowl. Following a plant-based diet and not eating any meat or fish has me feeling a little left out from these viral recipes so I thought I would share a vegan version of the salmon bowl made with tofu!

“Salmon” Tofu Filets:

1. Drain and press your tofu
  2. Make the tofu marinade by combining: 2 nori sheets, 3 tbs miso paste, 1 cup of vegetable broth, 2 tbs rice vinger, 1 tbs lemon juice, 1 tbs oil, 1 tsp old bay seasoning, ½ tsp turmeric
  3. Cut your tofu into filets and let dit in the marinade for at least one hour
  4. Once marinated, coat the filets in cornstarch and cook in a large, oiled pan for a few minutes on each side

And you’re done! Here is the original TikTok to follow to recreate the rest of the salmon bowl!

Meg Cardi

Fordham '22

Meg is an Anthropology major part of the Social Work program at Fordham who has a passion for all things regarding sustainability, fashion and food!