burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

7 Things You’ll Need in Your Wardrobe this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Although October is already upon us and the leaves have changed colors, an update to your wardrobe could give this Fall season a little bit of extra spice. Here are 7 must-have clothing items you can rock this Fall season:

Scarves

When it’s a bit chilly outside but you don’t want to grab your big winter coat, look for a chunky scarf instead! This way, you can use your big wool scarf for warmth, while avoiding wearing a puffy jacket. There are endless types of scarves, so find whichever color and style works best for your staple fall looks. My pick? This oversized wool scarf from ASOS:

Jean Jacket

Before you take out your parka from the back of your closet, look to an oversized jean jacket as your go-to option this Fall. A classic denim jacket looks great over a chunky sweater or with a casual look, like a t-shirt and leggings. You can even look for fur-lined jean jackets to wear later this season as the temperature drops. My pick? A sherpa trucker jacket from Levi’s!

Fuzzy Socks

Although fuzzy socks won’t be an eye-catching part of your look, they can act as a cute and fun way to incorporate all of the Fall elements of your closet. Find a pack of fuzzy socks with pumpkins, ghosts, or any of your favorite Fall-related designs to keep your feet warm, and tie in the new season to your look. Be sure to check out the super cheap pairs that Target has if you don’t have any already!

Turtleneck Sweaters

Sweaters, in general, are the epitome of a Fall wardrobe, but a turtleneck sweater will ensure that you will be extra warm and toasty as we head into November. A wooly turtleneck can be a great layering piece, or a statement on its own when paired with jeans, a funky belt, and low booties. Lulu’s has some great, inexpensive turtlenecks this season!

Flannels

A flannel serves as a perfect piece to throw on top of any outfit on a moderately warm Fall day, or underneath a sweater to add a plaid accent by cuffing the sleeves and the collar. Flannels come in a variety of styles and color combos, so you will definitely be able to find one that suits you. Check out this classic flannel from L.L. Bean that comes in all kinds of colors:

Booties

Booties are THE shoe for any of your looks this season. By opting for a bootie with a low heel, these shoes can act like an all-day, all-night option that is stylish, yet comfortable. My favorites? This versatile black leather pair from Steve Madden:

Plain White Tee

Last, but certainly not least, is the basic, plain white t-shirt. Fall is the season for layering, so a white tee underneath a sweater or cardigan can prove to be a versatile and vital piece in your closet. Check out this one from Madewell!

Molly Souness

Fordham '23

I am a freshman at Fordham University who loves writing, soccer and keeping up with the world's most pressing issues! Follow along as I post about fashion items to political contreversies throughout the school year.
Hey girls! I'm a Senior Marketing Major & Business Law & Ethics Minor, originally from New Jersey. I served as our chapter's Campus Correspondent for a little over a year, but I am continuing to pursue my passion for writing during my last few months at Fordham.