7 Movies That Will Make It Feel Like Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Not everyone is going on a classic Spring Break trip, but curling up in bed and watching an unhealthy amount of movies and TV can be just as satisfying. If you’re still missing some of that fun in the sun, here are a few movies to give you the Spring Break experience from the comfort of your own room. 

1. Aquamarine (2006)

This throwback is perfect if you’re looking for some beachy vibes and some streaky highlights (sorry JoJo). 

2. Neighbors (2014)

There’s enough partying in this movie to make you feel like you’ve lived 3 Cancun trips (without the hangover). Added bonus: Zac Efron and Dave Franco. 

3. Jaws (1975)

Okay, so this isn’t the ideal Spring Break, BUT if you’re an old film buff or just want to LOL at some terrible special effects, Jaws could be a fun one for you. 

4. The Princess Diaries (2001)

This one is solely on here because of the epic beach party scene where Mia dances around in the sand and tries so endearingly for that first kiss. (“Stupid Cupid”, anyone?)

5. High School Musical 2 (2007)

What time is it? Spring Break time?

6. Holiday in the Sun (2001)

Pretty much every Mary Kate and Ashley movie was pure gold, but Holiday in the Sun really takes the cake. The girls solve crime and go on cute little dates, all while relaxing in the Bahamas. 

7. Spring Breakers (2012)

You saw this one coming. 

Olivia is a junior at Fordham University. She is a Communications major from bright and sunny Southern California, but the East Coast is her second home. She actually does love long walks on the beach, but she also loves being a friend, sister, daughter, and aunt. Most importantly, she hopes her articles make you feel happy.