5 Valentine’s Day Cocktails to Spice Up Your Date Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Are you spending this Valentine’s Day with someone special? Whether you’ve got a hot date with a cute crush or you’re getting cozy by yourself this Wednesday night, here are five special cocktails to put you in the ~mood for love~.

Kiss On the Lips

• A shot of peach schnapps

• Frozen mango mix

• Crushed ice

• 1 tablespoon grenadine

Pulse blend the schnapps, the mango mix, and the crushed ice. Pour the grenadine into a cocktail glass fresh from the freezer, and put the blended mixture over it. Garnish with fruit of your choice (we recommend a peach slice or some pineapple).

Creamy Chocolate Raspberry Cocktail

• A shot of vanilla vodka

• A shot of Godiva chocolate liquor

• A shot of Chambord

• A shot of half-and-half

• Pink sugar

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour everything in and shake. Rim a martini glass with pink sugar. Strain the cocktail into the martini glass.

Sherry Cobbler Spritz

• Raspberries

• Blackberries

• 2 shots of Sherry

• 1 shot of lemon juice

• 1 shot of simple syrup

Muddle the raspberries and blackberries in a cocktail shaker. Pour in everything else, add ice and shake. Strain into a frozen cocktail glass. Garnish with mint and berries.

Strawberry Crush

• Strawberries

• Basil Leaves

• 1 shot of Stoli Strawberry

• 1 shot of lemonade

Muddle the strawberries at the bottom of a frozen cocktail glass. Add 3 basil leaves, the alcohol, and the lemonade. Add ice and garnish with more basil.

Young Lust

• A shot of Skyy Vodka

• A shot of Pamma Pomegranate Liquor

• A half shot of lime juice

• A half shot of agave

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add everything else. Shake and pour into a frozen tumbler.

Jacquelyn Kozak is a junior at Fordham University studying English and Visual Arts. She enjoys long walks through the zoo and looking at viral videos of dogs, and is allergic to her own cats.
Christina is a member of the class of 2018 at Fordham University, pursuing a major in Communications and Media Studies. Some of her favorite things include Sex and the City re-runs, dogs and pretending Zayn is still a member of One Direction.