This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Spring in New York City is one of the best times of the year. The weather’s perfect, flowers are blooming, and it’s the perfect time to venture out and do something you’ve always wanted to do! Here are 10 things you can do to make the most of this spring:

1. ATTEND THE ORCHID SHOW AT NYBG.

Fordham students can rejoice knowing that one of the most dazzling spring festivals is hosted right across campus at the New York Botanical Garden! This year’s Orchid Show is the 19th annual festival and features thousands of colorful orchid towers, kaleidoscopic lights, and more. Bonus: select Fridays and Saturdays this month are Orchid Evenings and feature even more extravagant displays.

2. TAKE A BOAT RIDE ALONG CENTRAL PARK LAKE.

Spring’s the time of year when most people want to return to outdoor activities. Central Park is featuring boat rides – perfect for springtime dates – and the best part is, they only cost $15 per hour!

3. VISIT BROOKLYN GARDEN’S CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL.

If you’d like to combine your interests in history with your thirst for adventure, the Sakura Matsuri Cherry Blossom Festival is perfect for you! Not only will you be able to see hundreds of beautiful cherry blossom trees, but this springtime festival features a fashion show, origami, and other hallmarks of Japanese culture.

4. TREAT YOURSELF TO A DELICIOUS MEAL AT EATALY.

Eataly’s location in Flatiron is gorgeous all year, but the views from the rooftop are to die for! Enjoy live cooking demos, on-site Italian restaurants, and small souvenir shops, among other amenities.

5. GLAMP AT GOVERNOR’S ISLAND.

This tiny island, wedged in between Manhattan and Brooklyn, is home to a glamping experience like no other (glamping = glamorous camping). Governor’s Island features waterfront views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, and it’s just a short subway and ferry ride away from the city!

There are so many other things to do in NYC this spring, so this list is by no means exhaustive! Take the time to treat yourself, explore local festivals, and take advantage of the beautiful weather that spring brings. Enjoy!

Vanditha is a freshman at Fordham University majoring in accounting and finance with a potential minor in history. Aside from writing for Her Campus, Vanditha loves to watch romcoms, obsessively listen to 1d, and hang out with her friends and family!