10 Yummy Ways to Eat Pumpkin This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

1. Pumpkin Coconut Bread

This pumpkin coconut bread looks delish. I’m a big fan of anything pumpkin or coconut, so combining them seems like a no brainer. I’m eager to try! 

2. Pumpkin Ravioli 

Any kind of pumpkin ravioli seems like a good idea. However, last fall I stumbled across Trader Joes rendition, and I’m so thankful I did. I eat them with browned butter, and they’re SO good. Since they’re seasonal, it’s a special treat that flies off their shelves. I bought two packages, and I’m freezing one! 

3. Pumpkin Soup

While this may seem kind of untraditional or like a weird soup; it’s actually delicious. My mom always used to make it on Halloween before we went out around the neighborhood. I found this recipe, and while it isn’t my mom’s, it still looks great! Earlier this month we recreated the dish, but didn’t have any milk, so we used coconut milk, and it was almost better. 

4. Pumpkin Muffins or Bread

Simple and easy, pumpkin muffins were always a staple in my house. An added (but also very necessary) bonus is to add chocolate chips, or chunks. These muffins made waking up before school a lot easier! If you don’t have time to make individual muffins, check out this bread that my sister made! I can vouch for it, big time. 

5. Baked French Toast with Pumpkin Butter 

Since I’m a pretty big pumpkin enthusiast, of course I love pumpkin butter. I also love french toast. This rendition seems perfect for company at any fall brunch. 

6. Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes 

Sticking with breakfast ideas, if you’re not a fan of muffins or french toast, most definitely try incorporating pumpkin into pancakes! I make these for the kids I babysit for all the time, and they’re always a hit! You can serve them with the aforementioned pumpkin butter or maple syrup… or both

7. Pumpkin Cocktails 

A quick way to put you in the mood for fall is incorporating pumpkin into your post-work cocktails. This website has a bunch of fun and flirty ways to add a kick to Any old pumpkin spiced latte

8. Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas) 

Another fun fall activity for the whole family. While you carve pumpkins, scoop out and clean the seeds. Then roast them and snack! Nutritional bonus: these seeds are very high in magnesium, which is important for relaxing everything in your body (think: helping little kids go to sleep after being amped up on sugar).  Additionally, always soak your seeds before you roast them to bump up the nutritional value! 

9. Pumpkin Ice Cream

While writing this I’ve quickly realized that I have a lot of memories attached to fall foods. At home, we always used to play Halloween miniature golf and then eat pumpkin ice cream afterwards. While I got it from the miniature golf course, it is equally as fun to make at home! Check out this recipe from Williams Sonoma. 

10. Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

I found these when I was bored in class (oops), and they are so beautiful and mesmerizing. I think they’d be a perfect addition to any Halloween party! 

Happy Halloween to everyone. Enjoy consuming everything under the sun that can have pumpkin incorporated!