This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

During the winter season, as temperatures continue to drop, it’s important to stay healthy and avoid the winter flu. As you sit at your desk in class with your fellow classmates coughing, sneezing, and sniffling next to you, it is important to know exactly what you can do to combat against the germs all around you. Here are 10 survival tips for arming yourself against annual winter sickness:

1. Wash your hands or keep a portable hand sanitizer on you at all times.
  2. Get your ZZZ’s – sleep!
  3. Keep your hands away from your face.
  4. Eat your greens and veggies, build up your immunity with healthy foods.
  5. Bundle up and dress for the weather.
  6. Get your flu shot.
  7. Exercise!
  8. Drink green tea.
  9. Wash your sheets and towels regularly.
  10. Avoid all contact with others who are or may appear sick.
Grace Little is a passionate student in Fordham University's School of Arts and Sciences and is pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Communications concentrating in Digital Technologies and Emerging Media. She is also presently in her seventh year of rowing and third year as a Division I athlete on the Varsity Women's Rowing team. She loves fashion, art, and icecream.
Hey girls! I'm a Senior Marketing Major & Business Law & Ethics Minor, originally from New Jersey. I served as our chapter's Campus Correspondent for a little over a year, but I am continuing to pursue my passion for writing during my last few months at Fordham.