10 Reasons to Join HC Fordham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Her Campus at Fordham University is fantastic way to fuel your creative energy and get the word out about things you are passionate about and there is nothing we would love more than to have you join our team. Check out these ten reasons why you should be a part of HC Fordham! 

1. Her Campus is a great way to meet people 

Ladies from all classes and campuses are a part of our group and are fantastic people to get to know. They each have such unique personalities, talents, and experiences, you will be so glad you met them! 

2. It is a very small time commitment

We only meet once a month to plan out content ideas. We also have additional team bonding events. Apart from that, you can write in the comfort of your own space as long as you abide your deadlines! 

3. It looks amazing on your resume 

If you’re interested in a career in media, communications, or anything writing-centric, Her Campus needs to be on your resume. It is a national online magazine that has branches all over the country at almost every college you can imagine. It’s a major achievement to have under your belt! 

4. FREE STUFF 

Every semester, Her Campus provides our team with midterm and finals survival kits that maintain our sanity. Not to mention, HC gives our team opportunities you wouldn’t be able to find anywhere else such as Her Conference and College Fashion Week to name a few.

5. It allows you to collaborate with your campus 

Her Campus Fordham is about FORDHAM. You get a chance to really get to know people in your community by writing about certain events and profiling a variety of different people. Plus, you learn more than you ever thought you would about your school along the way. 

6. HC gives you a really fun creative outlet 

While HC is a really serious thing to have one your resume, where else do you get the chance to write about your favorite tweets and television shows while also writing about your school? Can’t think of many places, can you?

7. It lets your voice be heard! 

Do you have something on your mind and want a platform to display your thoughts on? This is the one for you. This is a great place to connect with peers and students just like you who will value what you have to say.

8. You can perfect your skills 

If you’re considering a field in communications, you’re going to have to write. Her Campus is a phenomenal way to practice those skills and have fun doing it! By the time you’re finished writing for us, you will have a great amount of contributions to show for it.

9. You can move up to higher positions 

Contributing is not the only thing you are able to do as a member of Her Campus Fordham. You are able to become an editor, a section editor, a social media director, a marketing correspondent, campus correspondent and more! 

10. HC alums are everywhere – the networking possibilities are endless! 

As a college student, I’m sure you already know just how important networking is. With the team of ladies Her Campus has recruited and grown nationwide, you are bound to meet several people who are tied to HC, just like you. 

Lauren is a senior at Fordham University pursuing a degree in Journalism and Political Science. With a career goal of being a broadcast journalist, she is spending time interning at networks such as NBC and FOX. Hobbies include writing for Her Campus and singing in Fordham's all-female a cappella group, the Satin Dolls, as well as drinking too much coffee, listening to far too many boy bands, and watching Buzzfeed Tasty videos one after another.