This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fordham chapter.

Although New York City has come a long way from being epicenter of the coronavirus, we still have to take COVID-friendly precautions and wine and dine safely. Even in the winter time, outside dining is considered a popular option for NYC residents to get outdoors and support local businesses. Here is a list of ten great outdoor dining spots with great city views and experiences to enjoy in place of delivery takeout on your couch!

1. City Vineyard at Pier 26. City Vineyard at Pier 26 has heated winter domes on a patio overlooking lower Manhattan, the Hudson River, and the Jersey City skyline! Enjoy a cozy, safe, and private experience in your own stylish heated dome while you sip on our award-winning locally-made wine, savor delicious food, and take in the incredible skyline views for brunch and dinner. Reserve online in advance because the domes are popular! 

2. Gemma Ristorante at the Bowery Hotel. Gemma is an Italian Trattoria located on the ground floor of The Bowery Hotel. Chef Andrea Taormina pairs rustic, seasonal cuisine with an extensive Italian wine list in an ambient setting. Gemma contains overhead heating and dividing walls between tables. Make reservations on OpenTable! 

3. 1803nyc –  1803nyc contains a New Orleans’ vibrant culinary scene! Join 1803nyc for lunch, brunch, dinner as their space evokes the sultriness of an evening in the French Quarter, complete with balconied and outdoor dining, contemporary tropical motifs, and an intimate underground jazz club, Bon Courage. Specifically, outdoor dining contains covered, private booths with overhead heating. Time is limited for parties of two to ninety minutes and parties of three or more to two hours. 1803nyc is currently only doing walk-ins only, so you better act fast!

4. Jora Restaurant. Jora Restaurant advertises its peruvian cuisine and craft pisco cocktails. Located in Long Island City, Queens, Jora has covered and heated outdoor seating with sliding doors on all four sides. Enjoy delectable menu items from crispy shrimp causa to arroz con pollo!

5. La Pecora Bianca. The heat is on in NYC! I want you to think of warm, crispy calamari and rigatoni all while being COVID safe! Enjoy La Pecora Bianca’s Italian style cuisine with heated covered booths and open air sidewalk seating with retractable awnings and dividers between tables. Reservations can be made via Resy! 

6. The Castello Plan. The Castello Plan is located in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn! Enjoy partial cover (retractable awning + plastic siding on patio) tables with heated patio seating. Also take note that dividers between tables make dining private and safe! They have craft cocktails, coffee, brunch and dinner featuring a variety of entrees on the menu. Order anything from a fried chicken sandwich to butternut squash gnocchi! Reservations can be made via The Castello Plan’s website.

7. Lafayette. Lafayette is a French grand cafe and bakery located in NoHo! Le Village de Lafayette is Lafayette’s new warm & socially distanced winter village. Each with its own private space and dedicated service team, the heated snow chalets offer both comfort and warmth to all guests! Get cozy with private covered cabins with heated electric fireplaces! Each chalet is decked out with handwoven rugs, hanging snowflakes, alpaca furs, and après ski-style accents. Diners can book reservations all winter long for weekend brunch and dinner, which both feature a special wintry menu from Chef Andrew Carmellini. Menu highlights include Lafayette’s signature Fondue Savoyarde (a blend of Comte, Gruyère, and Swiss Emmenthal with optional freshly grated black winter truffle), as well as classics like French Onion Soup, Beef Short Rib Bourguignon and more. Reservations can be made via Seven Rooms.

8. Omar’s Kitchen & Rum Bar. Omar’s is a modern Caribbean restaurant found in the heart of New York City’s Lower East Side. Chef Omar takes dishes of his native Jamaica and delivers it with a New York twist. Omar’s cuisine boosts in flavor, color and warmth. Let’s not forget about the design that will take you right back to your last vacation in the islands and every time you feel nostalgic, you can just visit Omar’s and sip on a coconut daiquiri. They are open Tuesday’s – Sunday 4-10pm and closed Mondays!

9. Lea. “We are New Yorkers; We’ll be fine” is Lea’s motto! Enjoy their American cuisine in their Brooklyn Greenhouses. The Greenhouses are well-ventilated, heated private cabins with Bluetooth speakers! The Greenhouses are cleaned between all seatings & limited to one table per to ensure safety! 

10. Oxomoco. Located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, Oxomoco is a Michelin Starred wood-fired Mexican restaurant from chef and restaurateur Justin Bazdarich (Speedy Romeo), housed in a foliage-filled, sun-drenched space. The regionally agnostic cuisine sources influence from across the country (Yucatan, Baja, Oaxaca, Mexico City, etc.), proudly using organic, heirloom corn from Mexico to prepare house-made tortillas. An extensive mezcal and tequila list provides the perfect pairing. Oxomoco has overhead heating with dividers between tables. There are slatted windows to provide airflow. Reservations can be made through Resy!

Safely hit the NYC streets with friends and family with heated outdoor seating and lovely restaurant experiences. Have your mouth water with a variety of cuisines to choose from across the city!

Emily Dwelle

Fordham '21

Fordham University Senior. History Major and Marketing and Journalism Minors. Preschool Volunteer and interests in social issues and entertainment. HerCampus Tutor, Writer, Photography Director.