contour
contour
Sara Marsetti
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

We’re living in an era where the majority of our meetings are now conducted through Zoom. Regardless of enjoying the fact that we get to wear our pajama pants without anyone noticing, we must treat these Zoom meetings as if they were in person. This means looking and feeling your best. I’ve curated four Zoom makeup hacks that can aid you with this. 

Bronzer

Bronzer is a makeup product that will have you looking like you just got back from a week vacation in Cancun. Bronzer is perfect for adding that warmth and definition to your face, which in retrospect will make you look more awake than you may feel. Grab any big fluffy brush you might have and swirl the product over the hallows of your cheeks and along your forehead. The great thing about bronzer is that it picks up on camera really well! My favorite go-to bronzer is the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. It smells amazing and blends like a dream.

Blush

Blush is another makeup product that picks up beautifully on camera. It adds a flush of color to the apples of your cheeks, making you appear youthful and ready to tackle the day. I recommend taking the blush on another fluffy brush and running it along the apples of your cheeks. You can also add blush in different areas such as the tip of your nose and your eyelids. I highly recommend the combination of the bronzer and blush to give you a bright and warm glow. A blush that will never do you wrong is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in the shade ‘Risque.’

Nude Eyeliner

Nude eyeliner is a makeup product I feel many people overlook and miss out on how great it is. Nude eyeliner upon application, immediately opens up your eyes, making them look bigger than they are. This can be essential for Zoom meetings since cameras tend to make our eyes look smaller. It can also help you appear to look more awake and focused. My favorite nude eyeliner is from NYX Professional Makeup, called Always Keepin’ It Tight Eyeliner.

Lip Gloss

This product may seem like a no brainer to some, but individuals can forget how well a lip gloss ties your whole look together. It can give off the impression of spending a copious amount of time doing your makeup when, in reality, it only took you ten minutes. You can always opt for a clear gloss by itself or over a lipstick. There are also lip glosses that have the cutest color shades to them. My favorite lip gloss at the moment is the Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer by Fenty Beauty..

The next time you find yourself getting ready for your weekly Zoom meetings, try out some of these hacks I’ve mentioned above. The most simple things can make you feel better and ready for whatever comes your way. It’s the little things that can help us forget about being behind a computer screen!

Sarah is currently a student at Florida International University studying Public Relations and Communication. She has a passion for writing and has a blog of her own. You can find her with her family and friends, her dog or on a plane for her next travel adventure.