This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

First, he was on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Trevor Noah. Then, he was given the chance to star in his own comedy special on Netflix called, Homecoming King. The next year, he was given his own tv show. This has truly been a great year for Hasan Minhaj. From starting off as a correspondent on The Daily Show to having his own show on netflix called, Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj, Hasan has been dominating the entertainment industry.

After receiving high praise for his comedy special on Netflix, Homecoming King, Hasan Minhaj was offered his very own television series on Netflix. Instead of doing something that was out of his realm, Hasan stuck to what he is good at. In fact, great at. However, what makes his show different from others? With his new show, Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj, Hasan tackles hard hitting political topics. He even talks about topics that are off limits such as Saudi Arabia or Amazon. Topics that are definitely elephants in the room in the United States. He even talks about subject matters that are sometimes hidden in today’s world such as the fight for Affirmative Action and how the clothing brand, Supreme, has become a big hit in the world. It is not just the topics he talks about but also his authenticity. It is that very authentic way of being true to the facts that draws people in to watch his show.

He was the underdog for so long until he got his big break. He captivates us with his personal stories, he is relatable as a child of an immigrant family, and like many of us, he is trying to make some sense of the world we live in. His passion for politics and rights of people shines through in his new series. Go check out his show. Not only might you learn something but you will have a great time watching. Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj, new episodes, every Sunday on Netflix.

Hi! My name is Sonya Islam. I am currently studying International Business at Florida International University. Some of my favorite things to do is constantly read up on pop culture, keep up with politics, and watching tv to relax. Those are actually some of my passions and hopefully, that passion is translated into the articles I write.