neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

Dear You, 

Its a new year, new semester, a new chance to do things differently. Although we tend to come up with different new years resolutions, we do not always pull through with them and that is totally okay. Don’t be too hard on yourself. As the new year starts we are often confronted with the phrase, “New year, New me.” However, it does not always have to be that way. Look at this year as the year to create a better version of yourself. Leave any bad memories or self doubt in the past, and don’t beat yourself up for any mistakes you make. Learn from your experiences and realize that everything you go through happens for a reason and shapes the person you are. Be open to more things and you’ll find yourself in a position that you’d never thought you would be in. This year may bring a lot of challenges, and its up to you to decide whether you are going to let these obstacles define how your year is going. When things go wrong and not as we had hoped, don’t get discouraged. Instead, push through and continue on. Make sure that whatever you do, it is being done for the right reason and to benefit yourself. It can get very easy to get caught up things that don’t matter so do not let that get a hold of you. You’re in control of your life. You’re a total bad ass who knows what they want, and will stop at nothing till they get it. I wish you the best of luck this year and I am sure that you will be capable of making 2018 a very memorable year filled with personal growth and happiness. 

sincerely, 

K

thumbnail picture: http://work.cocorrina.com/Hand-Lettering