This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you want to have some versatility in your closet this holiday shopping season, it all starts with grabbing some basics. This is the time to grab pieces that can work all year around and pieces that you can wear more than once, styling it in different ways.

Layering is a great way to switch the outfits around. In place like Miami we don’t have to layer as much, so use blazers or vests to switch up a look. This is good for the woman on the go, you can just throw on something over an outfit and it’ll give your fit a different look.

Get creative with your bottoms. Don’t be afraid to purchase some cute pants or skirts with different lengths and textures. When it comes to pants, a classic denim is a must but feel free to snag some cool pants with embellishments or stylish appliques that can work with a basic tee.

Statement pieces can up your fashion game. Statements in your outfit can come from cool shoes to even accessories. Statement pieces are great for dressing up a simple dress, or using an outfit from day to night. The crazier the piece is the better! Usually those pieces will already style you up and grab that attention you want! Grab a pair of funky earrings or printed loafers to spice up your basic fit. 

Accessories will help you finalize your look. Use funky bags or versatile shoes to elevate your look.  They don’t have to be expensive just shop right! Whether you’re a simple girl or someone who likes to get out of their comfort zone. Accessories will be your best friend. They are the icing on the cake!

Photo source

Cover Photo

Journalism student with a track in Broadcast Media at The School Of Communications & Journalism at Florida International University.  Josie is an ambitious Journalist with a passion to unfold the truth and inform the audience; she loves to write about fashion, lifestyle and current events.