This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

This semester I became the Brand Ambassador for the New York Times at my campus, Florida International University, or FIU. Before applying for the position, I was shocked to find how little I knew about the incredible resources provided to me by my university, solely for being their student.

One of these resources is a FREE New York Times subscription awarded to every FIU student.

Test test test
Markus Spiske / Unsplash

The New York Times subscription is not limited to students, as faculty and staff can also receive complimentary access. This access unlocks the entirety of the New York Times with archives dating back to 1851

For FIU students, it also provides room for both business and pleasure.

One of the most frustrating things as a student is writing a paper and having a source that makes you subscribe to its website to continue reading or using it. This often then includes paying a small fee. With the New York Times student subscription, this is never a problem.

You can use as many articles as you like to reinforce your sources, all without ever having to open your wallet. All because the material is provided for free and paid for by FIU!

The same goes for anything not relating to academics. With the free New York Times subscription, students also get access to the NYT’s endless library of topics ranging from style, wellness, and food to business, podcasts, and breaking news. 

There’s no reason everyone shouldn’t know about this excellent resource! There’s also no point in wasting the free and essential tools provided by FIU to help you get the best education possible! 

Sign up at nytimes.com/FIU.

Daniela Gonzalez is a 21-year-old HerCampus Writer at Florida International University. She is currently double-majoring in Political Science and International Relations while acquiring certificates in Pre-Law and National Security. She enjoys writing about lifestyle, wellness, and politics. When she is not writing, she loves to travel, go out to eat, and spend time with her friends and family.