Who will be Named the Next Apollo’s Goddess?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

It’s that time of the year again Collegiettes. The gentlemen of Tau Kappa Epsilon will be hosting their annual Apollo’s Goddess Gala on April 1, 2016, in the GC ballrooms at 7:30 p.m.

Check out this year’s candidates below and be sure to help them on their journey to raise funds for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. 

• Anna Fache – Sigma Sigma Sigma
  • Anthony Gorrin – Beta Theta Pi
  • Brianna Rimi – Delta Phi Epsilon
  • Cristina Alonso – Sigma Kappa
  • Jessica Cuero – Alpha Chi Omega
  • Jessica Iglesias – Alpha Omicron Pi
  • Katherine Bolt – Phi Mu
  • Keiana Granda – Phi Sigma Sigma

Here is what Tau Kappa Epsilon’s chapter president, Joe Salguera, had to say about the upcoming event and St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.

“As far as Apollo’s Goddess goes, many Greek organizations host philanthropy pageants at FIU. Apollo’s Goddess seams like just another one of those. But that’s not what we want everyone to think. Yes, it’s a competition for our philanthropic representation but it isn’t focused on talent portion, or who can sing or dance, or even memorize facts about out organization. The purpose is to see who genuinely has a passion and love for philanthropy, and not just any philanthropy but St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. Almost everyone has either been affected by cancer or knows someone who has so you have some sort of understanding of how cancer plays a role in most people’s lives. No, in majority of folks, they’ve lived their lives and then are unfortunately stricken with cancer but our philanthropy is dedicated to children who haven’t even gotten to have a childhood and were robbed of that. So the money that our contestants work so hard to raise goes to that, to helping families with children with cancer and being able to give them a chance at having a childhood.”

We wish the gentlemen of Tau Kappa Epsilon much success on their upcoming gala and the best of luck to the many contestants.

Follow @tekefiu on Instagram to keep up with their brotherhood, philanthropy, events and more!