Which New Dining Option Will Be Your Favorite Go-To Spot on Campus?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

While on campus you typically see students hustling to get to their next class, partaking in study groups, or taking breaks and grabbing some food with friends. Easily said one of the most popular hot-spots on campus is Graham Center or as us students call it, “GC”. GC is so popular among students because it is where much of FIU’s social life happens. Located in the middle of campus, GC is typically filled with students grabbing lunch, tabling for different involvements, or hanging out with friends. But, earlier this month FIU administration sent an email informing students that new dining options will be coming to GC this fall semester. Some of the additions will include Panera and Chipotle. The GC Atrium will be transformed into the “Taste of Miami”, including local favorites such as Pincho Factory and Café Bustelo. While many students are buzzing with excitement over these new additions to FIU, others are saddened that a very popular, Chili’s will be replaced. Even though it is sad to hear that there will no longer be a Chili’s, FIU has decided to let students voice their opinions of what should take its place. Options include American Tap Room, Lime Fresh, or Burger 21. This has gotten students excited and ready for the fall semester to begin so they can start trying all the new places. So it’s up to you to make the decision of which new and exciting dining option will be your favorite!

My name is Lindzey Felzer. I am from South Florida and I have lived here my entire life. While attending Florida International University I am studying psychology on the pre-med track to become a physical therapist. Some things I enjoy doing during my free time include hanging out with friends and family, taking trips to the beach, and going to the dog park. Happy Reading!!