This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIU chapter.

If you’re headed to Walt Disney World during the holidays, you’re in for a special treat! Every year the Disney Parks all over the world bring in holiday magic to guests with holiday decorations, special themed parades, one of a kind fireworks shows, exclusive event ticketed holiday parties, stunning holiday decorations at the Disney resorts, and holiday enhancements to rides at the Magic Kingdom. This year Disney has added new additions, made some changes, and two Disney parks have received a holiday makeover. Here’s what you can expect at Walt Disney World this holiday season.  

1. New Firework Show Debuting at the Magic Kingdom “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” 

This year Disney will be releasing a brand new fireworks show during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on select nights beginning November 8 – December 22. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party is a special ticketed event that runs each year during the holiday season and is highly popular by guests. During this year’s party, a brand new fireworks spectacular show will be introduced called “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks which will celebrate the heartfelt moments and the magic of Christmas featuring Minnie as the presenter. The new show will feature a polka dot infused projection show, incredible pyrotecnics, and a holiday soundtrack including popular beloved holiday classics. 

Source: Youtube 

2. Magic Kingdom Rides Holiday Twist 

This year, Magic Kingdom has added special holiday touches to select attractions in Tomorrowland and Adventureland. Over at Tomorrowland, Tomorrowland Speedway’s track is fully decorated with brightly lit snowballs, holiday trees, and scattered Christmas presents. As guests ride through the track, they’ll get to hear modern holiday pop music playing in the background, getting them into the holiday spirit. Over at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, the highly popular character Rox will be dressed in an ugly Christmas sweater and will host an interactive holiday show for guests. Elsewhere, over at Space Mountain, guests will be able to see the track as the lights will be kept on for the holiday season. Red and green intermittent lights will be displayed and a Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas soundtrack will be playing throughout the ride. This is a definite must ride during the holidays. Lastly over at Fantasyland, the Mad Tea Party attraction has been given a complete holiday makeover and will feature a snowflake light sow and holiday music.

Source: LaughingPlace

Source: LaughingPlace

3.  Epcot Holiday Festivities

Epcot’s annual holiday festival, Epcot International Festival of the Holidays is back this year and is running from November 29 through December 30. The annual festival is a global celebration of the season where guests can enjoy offerings around World Showcase and experience holiday traditions from various cultures including new holiday stories, music, cuisine, and additional special events that will debut this year. This year, the festival will feature new and returning celebrity narrators that will narrate the story of Christmas in all 11 pavilions. 

Source: Disney Food Blog

Source: Disney Food Blog

4.  New Holiday Innovations at Animal Kingdom

Huge alert! For the first time in 21 years, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will feature Christmas offerings in all of its different lands. Over at Discovery Island, the Tree of Life will come to life with a holiday version of its traditional nighttime awakenings. The debut of the holiday version will feature the Tree of Life coming to life with a beautiful display of stories of animals discovering snow for the first time and having their first Christmas. According to Andrea Wolowitz, marketing strategy manager for Animal Kingdom, the new nighttime spectacular will allow guests to see animals learning about snow, the seasons, and the meaning of holiday spirit in 3 different awakenings. This new nighttime show sounds like a definite must see this holiday season. Also new at Discovery Island, is a brand new puppet parade that will pay tribute to the animals at Animal Kingdom. During the day, the parade will feature life-sized polar bears, penguins, foxes, and birds made of wood and cloth that guests will be able to interact with and talk to. They will rub up against guests and act as if they are chewing their clothing. The parade will be accompanied by a holiday soundtrack from strolling musicians. Over at DinoLand USA, there will be a brand new holiday music and light-infused meet and greet area with characters dressed up for the holiday season including Daisy, Chip and Dale, Scrooge McDuck, and Goofy. The entire DinoLand USA land will be adorned with lights, ornaments, and trees to create holiday overlays for each meet and greet character station. And lastly, what would be a holiday transformation at Animal Kingdom without Pandora joining in on the fun? Pandora World of Avatar, will feature earthlings paying tribute to their homeland with a vintage nutcracker, a menorah, and a toy soldier robot and a sleigh pulled by banshees.

Source: Tampa Bay Times

Source: Tampa Bay Times

Source: LaughingPlace

Source: LaughingPlace

Source: LaughingPlace

Gemma is currently a senior at Florida International University studying Social Work. She is passionate about helping others improve their quality of life and is a big self-improvement enthusiast. You can often find her reading personal development books, listening to podcasts, or on Pinterest creating boards on self-growth and self-care. She enjoys fashion, interior design, and writing. She believes in a life full of finding gratitude in the little things, human empowerment, and wholeheartedly loving what you do.